aberdeen-music

Netflix / Love Film / Sky Movies

paime

Guest Young Adolesent

Trust me keep sky movies, netflix is balls compared to skynovies

love films not bad i must admit if you were to change go for love film

i use netlix and another app run by sky movies i cant remember but its also shit. Next month we are changing back to love film as it was great for movies and t.v. My mate had sky on his x box and it was brilliant for everything plus it got updated every friday which was perfect for us

They all have free trials. That's the best advice I can give. Try them and just keep the one you prefer. I used to used lovefilm and switched to netflix after discovering the DNS trick for accessing the US netflix which is far superior to the UK one. Lovefilm was slightly better than UK netflix for movies but US netflix wins hands down on TV shows.

Netflix US is fantastic for TV Series and ok for movies.  UK Netflix is fine for a couple of months but not worth it in the long run.

I haven't tried lovefilm properly but when I tried the in-laws streaming side of it, it was fine but not as many options as Netflix.

Netflix is substantially cheaper than Sky Movies so probably worth it.  Also you can swap between different countries Netflix to get different shows/films.  So it offers you pretty much whatever you want.

I had Sky Movies for just over 2 months before getting fed up of repeats. I think they show at least 3 Adam Sandler films a week. Seems like a waste of time.

Netflix with both the US and UK libraries is great. It's pretty crazy how the US doesn't have some of the stuff the UK has, and vice versa. Definitely need both.

Netflix UK is really good for movies but really shit for TV. Netflix US is great for TV but kinda shit for movies. Both of them have huge gaps in what's available though. It's not log on, look up whatever film you want to watch and watch it. It's log in, flick through hundreds of movies you've mostly never heard of, watch something. In that sense, it's not that great, and it's mostly older stuff, very little new movies. It's a cool thing to have like, there is a huge selection and for 6 quid a month it's a snip, but it's not like browsing Blockbuster. It won't take long for you to watch everything that's on there that you actually want to watch, then you're kinda just picking things at random.

Netflix UK is really good for movies but really shit for TV. Netflix US is great for TV but kinda shit for movies. Both of them have huge gaps in what's available though. It's not log on, look up whatever film you want to watch and watch it. It's log in, flick through hundreds of movies you've mostly never heard of, watch something. In that sense, it's not that great, and it's mostly older stuff, very little new movies. It's a cool thing to have like, there is a huge selection and for 6 quid a month it's a snip, but it's not like browsing Blockbuster. It won't take long for you to watch everything that's on there that you actually want to watch, then you're kinda just picking things at random.

Still at lot of gems on Netflix UK for TV. Always Sunny In Philadelphia, U.S. Office, 24, Lost, Fringe, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Arrested Development, South Park, House of Cards U.S. version, Battlestar, Firefly and a heap of British comedies.

If you manage to get Netflix US as well though, then you've hit the jackpot.

I've gone for Netflix in the end and spent my entire weekend watching Californication - a wonderful series with plenty of boobies to look at. Next step is to get myself a proxy for the US shows, it'll help when im travelling as well, if i have to spend one more evening in an Italian hotel room with no english speaking tv i'll breakdown.

Pretty much this, i've watched most things i would want to watch on Netflix and havent found anything new in a long time now, prob gonna cancel it soon. 

Pretty much this, i've watched most things i would want to watch on Netflix and havent found anything new in a long time now, prob gonna cancel it soon. 

That's my only concern i guess. There seems to be a heap of stuff on Netflix but if they're not updating content frequently then it might become redundant. There are only so many Louis Theroux Weird Weekends you can watch after all...

That's my only concern i guess. There seems to be a heap of stuff on Netflix but if they're not updating content frequently then it might become redundant. There are only so many Louis Theroux Weird Weekends you can watch after all...

but since its a month by month payment, when that happens...cancel it.

I've just managed to get Sky anytime+ on the go last night and it would appear to be pretty average. The box set collection is weak compared with Netflix but on the other hand it's free so im minded to have both of them for a couple of months and then maybe axe Netflix as per Teabags' advice. Who know choosing my home entertainment package would cause such stress??

If he's already paying for Sky then it's an added bonus isn't it?

If I wanted Netflix i'd have to pay for that on top of Sky, Anytime+ is available to me at no extra cost on top of what i'm already paying.

I guess. Sky isn't cheap though when you add everything up, especially if you have anything above the basic package. So there's an argument that their online offering should be up to scratch. 

I guess. Sky isn't cheap though when you add everything up, especially if you have anything above the basic package. So there's an argument that their online offering should be up to scratch. 

Why would you need more when there's so much on and a full catch-up platform?

I know Sky is expensive but the only way for that to change is through competition from other services, most of which don't offer the same breadth of services as Sky.

If he's already paying for Sky then it's an added bonus isn't it?

If I wanted Netflix i'd have to pay for that on top of Sky, Anytime+ is available to me at no extra cost on top of what i'm already paying.

Exactly this. Sky anytime+ is an added bonus over what i was receiving with my non-HD box. To me it feels free.

Im pretty happy with the price and package i get for BT vision, get access to most channels id want, and sports, the on demand part can be ok some months and poor the next depending on what they release, but the box office part is decent, has basically all new releases when they come out. 

How is the image quality with BT Vision? I had it about 5 years ago and though the online archives were great; the only problem was that i could never get a decent enough picture (maybe it was my poor broadband speed) and then the box packed in after a year.