aberdeen-music

'77 punks in Aberdeen

Guest allsystemsfail

Guest allsystemsfail
i'd quite like to go see 999' date=' not a fan of The Damned on record but i hear they put on a pretty good live show.[/quote']

What material from The Damned have you heard?

Yeah, I'm looking forward to catching 999, hearing for the first time live classic songs such as I'm Alive, Nasty Nasty, Homicide, and My Street Stinks.

their debut album without a doubt. most of their album are good...just different but the debut is the most punk. check out "neat, neat, neat", "the love song" "new rose", "i feel alright" ,"just cant be happy today" and "smash it up" ( the latter two from their '79 album "machine gun ettiteque"...also recommended)...the damned are my 2nd fave punk band ever after the clash

Guest allsystemsfail
999 would be worth the check out' date=' speaking of the damned, who wants a free dvd i got for street teaming for em, what a load of bollocks they are, in my humble opinion.[/quote']

Any particular reasons why you think them bollocks?

Guest allsystemsfail
i just can't get into The Damned' date=' altho admittedly maybe what i've heard isn't the best of their material. what is reccommended listening concerning The Damned?[/quote']

Suggest you check out (if you haven't done so already) their third full length (from 1979) Machine Gun Etiquette.