aberdeen-music

What are you currently listening to?

• 2 weeks later...

Like that Colour me Wednesday tune.  Continuing the indie pop theme, there's a new single by the Beths out today.  It should be popular with anyone who likes TUNES.

They have an album out in August and are playing shows in Glasgow and Edinburgh in a few weeks (and loads of other places too).  I first saw Liz the singer ten years ago in her previous band and thought she was the best.  Nice to see her doing well these days.

• 2 weeks later...

This is surprisingly amazing. Kanye's most introspective and open record in a while. He goes in deep about his mental health, his sex addiction, and about his worries and fears of his daughters growing up and being put through what he's put women through. 

He also manages to put in lyrics like "I love your titties 'cause they prove I can focus on two things at once." which is just absolutely brilliant. 

The beats & switches, the sample choices, and his delivery is the best he's done is his best since MBDTF.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This morning I decided to listen to a noise rock band called Batpiss because they're called Batpiss and they have an album called Rest In Piss and this kind of juvenalia is appealing to me for some reason. I continued listening because they're 'not bad'

Edited by Woodsinho