aberdeen-music
TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

What are you currently listening to?

Coheed and Cambria quite a lot. The Suffering video is pretty neckbeard geeky cringe though.

8 hours ago, Eupraxia said:

I recently curated a playlist featuring songs Steve Albini has either recorded; engineered; performed in; or all three. Some of it is pretty; some of it gnarly; most of it is pretty gnarly. I aimed to have no more than one song by any given artist, but Silkworm are so eminently stellar, that I included two of their ditties. I shared this on Facebook, but I thought one or two of you on here may also dig it.

https://play.spotify.com/user/eupraxia80/playlist/0sZk0pzLMXuEhAraCJcfmD?play=true&utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medium=open

Goddamn. That is a brute of a playlist. Educational, too. A few tracks there I didn't know Albini pushed buttons on.

I'm going to cram it in to my earholes when I go walking through the hills tomorrow morning, and feel it gradually lower my brain cell count as the signature Albini booming kick drum sound turns my brain to mush.

It could do with a Breadwinner and a Joe 4 track.

• Upvote 1

On 30/06/2017 at 11:11 AM, Eupraxia said:

I recently curated a playlist featuring songs Steve Albini has either recorded; engineered; performed in; or all three. Some of it is pretty; some of it gnarly; most of it is pretty gnarly. I aimed to have no more than one song by any given artist, but Silkworm are so eminently stellar, that I included two of their ditties. I shared this on Facebook, but I thought one or two of you on here may also dig it.

https://play.spotify.com/user/eupraxia80/playlist/0sZk0pzLMXuEhAraCJcfmD?play=true&utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medium=open

Albini's drum sound is fucking god like.

The proper version of Voodoo Ray isn't on Spotify, but there's various brass & string versions which aren't terrible.

4 hours ago, James Broonbreed said:

Today I'm mostly listening to all of the Thomas the Tank hip hop remixes. Old & gold.

I miss the good old days of DUBstep. Listening to this all day. It's what got me in to music production. Think I might try and bang out a wee dubby tune tonight.