aberdeen-music

What are you currently listening to?

• 2 weeks later...

I've also recently enjoyed MasterSystem, a band featuring Scott and Grant from Frightened Rabbit, Justin from Editors (and formerly yourcodenameis:milo) and James Lockey from Minor Victories. I think it's pretty beastin'. The album is on Spotify, and it's good balls-out indie-rock.

Edited by Eupraxia

On 4/9/2018 at 8:51 PM, Eupraxia said:

I've also recently enjoyed MasterSystem, a band featuring Scott and Grant from Frightened Rabbit, Justin from Editors (and formerly yourcodenameis:milo) and James Lockey from Minor Victories. I think it's pretty beastin'. The album is on Spotify, and it's good balls-out indie-rock.

Good, this. Not heard them before. Those drums sound ace. 

Got the Master System album. Man, it's a straight up rocker. Lazy comparison, but it immediately reminded me of 100 Broken Windows, but bigger (those drums, man). Bits of Jetplane Landing going on too. It's a great listen.

I'm going to see Propagandhi next week, so I've been rinsing their back catalogue like crazy. Not seen them since 2006, I think it was, so I'm mad excited.

This is still the greatest record.

3 minutes ago, ca_gere said:

I believe it was you @Soda Jerk who mentioned they'd be into finding some good grime on the nasty/aggro side of things?

Came across this fella's stuff and thought of you. I'm into it.

This track i'm posting just because it name checks Luka Modric, Jake Livermore and Robbie Keane. It's also a banger.

Awesome, Well remembered. I'll definitely give this a go!

14 hours ago, Soda Jerk said:

Trivium got 10 minutes of my time. Christ. Horrendous. Might be the earliest I've ever left a gig.

Power Trip though, they ripped my face off, and Code Orange felt like being repeatedly punched where my face used to be.

Did you catch Venom Prison? They're a right laugh

1 hour ago, Soda Jerk said:

The last 10 minutes of them. They started as the doors opened and it took ages to get in. I could hear the pinch harmonics from the street.

Fantastic.

I've been listening to loads of Cave In/Old Man Gloom/Zozobra after Caleb Schofield died a few weeks ago. He was great at what he did - if I could shout like anyone, it'd be him.

I didn't fully appreciate Cave In's entire body of work until the last year or two. I loved 'Until Your Heart Stops' back in college because it was just stop/start silliness, but didn't care for the much less mental metallic hardcore stuff they did after that. I revisited it for the first time in a long, long time quite recently and now I love it all.

I'd not heard the name Zozobra at all until hearing about Caleb dying, but they're great too.

Agreed about his shouts. He had some bark.

Edited by Soda Jerk
  • Like 1

Image result for Elegies and Creation Songs

https://diehoffnung-gnv.bandcamp.com/releases

I wasn't crazy about the first album, but this one is pretty great. Jagged, sparse emo/indie, which sounds similar to other bands the Marburgers have done; namely I Hate Myself and Burnman. I dig the production on this thing, there's so much space on it, the drums are warm and thumpy, and the guitar is stabby. Super good.