aberdeen-music

What are you currently listening to?

The new Mastodon album. At the moment I'm thinking it's pretty shitty, though a bit better than The Hunter. A shame, as they've made some of my favourite albums, but I just can't enjoy this new style. I yearn for the days when they didn't feel the need to chant "Hey! Ho! Let's get up and rock and roll!" over a smacking outro riff. Sorry Masto, but we can't be friends anymore. 

The new Mastodon album. At the moment I'm thinking it's pretty shitty, though a bit better than The Hunter. A shame, as they've made some of my favourite albums, but I just can't enjoy this new style. I yearn for the days when they didn't feel the need to chant "Hey! Ho! Let's get up and rock and roll!" over a smacking outro riff. Sorry Masto, but we can't be friends anymore. 

DISAGREE. I think it's great - it hits a personal sweet spot of meaty riffs, catchy vocal hooks and mad-ass drum fills but then I loved The Hunter too so I shouldn't be surprised I like a highly refined version of it.

In other totally uncool music that I like news - the new Monuments album is banging. Loads of chuggy/widdly bits.

• Upvote 1

Midway through a very long very quiet day at work. So far I've put away:

The Roots - ...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin

Wonder Villains - Rocky

Haunted Hearts - Initiation

And currently balls deep in the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack.

Afternoon:

Little Green Cars - Absolute Zero

White Blacula - The Great All Knowing

The Vaccines - What Did You Expect From...

Weezer - Green Album

Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires Of The City.