aberdeen-music

New Dr - Peter Capaldi

jester1470

What's everyone's thoughts on Peter Capaldi as the new Dr, much as i have enjoyed the Matt Smith stuff i am really quite looking forward to an older Dr again, by the time he starts his first full series as the Doctor, Peter Capaldi will be older than William Hartnell was when he started. There's already a backlash from young girls claiming that the Doctor should be in his 20's/30's and good looking and they can't understand why he has been cast.  A generally surprising bit of casting as well as I didn't expect them to go for an older actor tbh. Can't wait to see the little kids checking out what he's done in the past and meeting Malcolm Tucker...

I'm hoping he'll get to play the Dr. like Christopher Eccleston, slightly darker and moodier. It's good that they have chosen to appoint someone who is a big fan, apparently Peter made a bid to take over the running of the Dr Who fan club in the 70's http://www.odwfc.com/#/reviews/4563033009

Aye, I've got that book, there's a real animosity between the guy who wrote it and Peter Capaldi, it's quite funny as he takes every opportunity to have a go at him who was quite active as a fan back then - he wrote for fanzines etc, possibly the biggest Dr Who fan (apart from Nick Briggs and Gary Russell) to actually work on the show.

Edited by jester1470

I think its a fantastic appointment, it would of course be much better if he played it in the guise of Malcolm Tucker complete with swearing!  I think this is a casting to appease older fans of the show, bugger them stupid women lusting after Smith and Tennant!!!

• 1 year later...