aberdeen-music

i need a favour

Guest Young Adolesent

Guest Young Adolesent

hi people, i volunteer every weekend with people with dementia for a charity called the VSA. now one of the people there is a musician but to be honest his dementia is getting worse. so before he gets worse i would like to record him singing, playing guitar and accordion as a memory for him, as i don't own my studio anymore. plus hes not allowed to leave the building i was wondering if anyone would be able to lend me a recorder for the weekend and a mic, doesn't have to be something special but as long as it does the job. this would be really appreciated as id be forever in your debt. its only needed for two days and i promise it will comeback in the same condition it left in. if needed. will collect on the Saturday, return it the same night. collect on the Sunday and return it on the same night 

• Upvote 4

Guest Young Adolesent

Thanks. This is something ive wanted to do for a while. The place is close to my heart ive been there for a while now and ive made friends out of them just want to make one last memory for some of them before they go.

• Upvote 1

Guest Young Adolesent

Thanks for the offer but my desktop isnt capeable of handling the ux1 too many latency issues and takes too long to install etc but yes something portable would be a massive help. But the way its looking anyway. Im lugging my vox amp which aint light plus two guitars anyway. Anyway id probs have to borrows instrument mics and normal mics. As were thinking about doing a staff track aswell for the fun of it to put on the cd for the guy

Guest Young Adolesent

My i pod broke ages ago ill see if i can borrow my sisters one. Preferably this weekend as ive arranged it for then. But if thats an issue it can be changed. Its great to see people helping me out as i do a lot of charity work. Thanks everyone for your help and support

Edited by Young Adolesent

My i pod broke ages ago ill see if i can borrow my sisters one. Preferably this weekend as ive arranged it for then. But if thats an issue it can be changed. Its great to see people helping me out as i do a lot of charity work. Thanks everyone for your help and support

I would have to drop it with you on Thursday evening and collect probably Tuesday the following week, does this suit?

Where are you based?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Young Adolesent

Its been great the help ive got from people on here ksj81 is lending me mics fat ol san is lending me a 4 track. It hasnt happened yet due to the guy bieng on holiday but hopefully next week fingers crossed