aberdeen-music

mods delete my account please

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

hey guys thanks for all the fun times back in the day. just realised my account is nearly 10 years old and that's pretty depressing. 

nobody on this forum or maybe in this city seems to be aware of any bands, artists, scenes or musical/cultural movements from the last half decade or so which is just baffling. 

i can relate to virtually nothing this forum discusses anymore and question why i even log in, mostly just to post funny pictures to a single thread - which itself is overrun with dad humour - and to post news updates about my music that folk here don't really understand, which is also pointless 

im definitely one of the greatest posters ever on this site so i know i'll be missed, but don't shed a tear for me, just think of the good times. (i think my favourite thread was the one when I argued with Ben Quick)

seeya

Guest Tam o' Shantie

in before they delete... 

didn't see ur post about synths but u should just join gearslutz or one of the forums where you'll actually meet more than 2 people who have any interest in it

just hit up tuff wax or lockah on fb to see whats going on lots of news happening all the time

hey guys thanks for all the fun times back in the day. just realised my account is nearly 10 years old and that's pretty depressing. 

nobody on this forum or maybe in this city seems to be aware of any bands, artists, scenes or musical/cultural movements from the last half decade or so which is just baffling. 

i can relate to virtually nothing this forum discusses anymore and question why i even log in, mostly just to post funny pictures to a single thread - which itself is overrun with dad humour - and to post news updates about my music that folk here don't really understand, which is also pointless 

im definitely one of the greatest posters ever on this site so i know i'll be missed, but don't shed a tear for me, just think of the good times. (i think my favourite thread was the one when I argued with Ben Quick)

seeya

Arrogance, mixed with petulance, a massive dose of theatrical flouncing and the final fling of telling everyone that they're not able to understand your music.

8.3 from the Hungarian judge.

• Upvote 3

Tom this just seems silly. Your making out your the only one who knows anything about modern music in this city. As i said before, this is mainly a forum with people in bands, that doesnt mean everyone is completely ignorant of whats going on in the world, thats a pretty high pedestal your putting yourself on there man. 

Anyway, surely you can just not sign in, rather than have this dramatic thread? 

Guest Giles Walker

Balls... Tom was pretty much my only ally on here, so if he goes that leaves me in the realm of those creepy oddballs who hang around even though everyone hates them.

The worst part about this is Giles also leaving. The thread he started with 10 videos explaining genres was one of the best on here in a while and I liked that he seemed genuinely interested in other forms of music which he never showed much interest in before.

That thread was great. I added just about every video posted to my 'watch later' on youtube and tried to go through them all. Really interesting.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.