aberdeen-music

Xbox Live problems - please help before I break things

Moose

Sounds like a router issue. An old homehub of mine used to always reset the NAT back to strict which caused me no end of problems with Xbox Live.

Google OPEN NAT and the model of your router and you should be able to find instructions on how to fix it.

I always stick my Xbox in the DMZ of my router, so that it's not hampered by the router settings. Obviously there are security issues, but as the Xbox is more secure (note not saying totally secure) than a normal PC/Mac, I think it's worth the risk to save having to piss about with ports and NAT.

Yeah BT wont help you right away, not just because your xbox isnt working properly, they will just blame it on the xbox and do little else. The above advice is good, make sure everything is up to date, restores your hub and your xbox to factory settings, and basically try the advice in that link, ive had to do a few things in that link since upgrading to infinity as well. Not sure if its the new hubs you get or the router, but something throws it off from time to time.