aberdeen-music

PA help needed for gig in Ballater

Ad Jetsonic

Hi everyone. I'm the bass player for original material West London punky power pop trio the Jetsonics.

By some sort of accident we've been booked to play a gig in Ballater on Sat 30th November.

This is great as we like an adventure. The downside is the cost of hiring an extra large van to transport our PA will turn the trip from a small profit to a loss.

I was hoping someone here or somneone you may know might be able to supply and do PA duties for the night for a consideration?

the band are quite noisy live but all we need is two vocals mic'ed with a fair bit of headroom. Maybe a bit of bass DI and the kick and snare mic'd if possible too.

We're not kids and have been gigging for many years (I did my first one in 1978!) so we know how to be respectful with equipment and people.

We're up for gig swaps and stuff so other suitable bands ask away if you'd like to play in the smoke with us and vice versa.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Ad

Band website is www.thejetsonics.com if you want to check us out.

You could always try contact Captain Toms. Tom has his own PA systems and stuff, and im sure if you guys were to offer a gig down south he would be happy to help out if he can. 

You can contact Tom's here,

http://www.captaintommusic.co.uk/

or phone 01224 647500, ask to speak to Tom funnily enough. 

Thanks for that. I shall whizz off an email.

Looks like a nice community of muso's you've got here by the way.

No worries best luck with the gig!

We're nae bad up here, a few good un's here and there. Tom is a great guy, id be very surprised if he cant help you guys in some way. 

Short of that there are other places that offer hire, but they would obviously cost more money, or you could try chuming up a cover band, they usually carry their own gear, most local bands dont tend too. 

Guest Young Adolesent

Or if you fail captin tom. Ask a few of thd local bands. Some have their own p.a some mwy be nice to lend you one. If not try a few other places. Foyer music, http://www.clsaberdeen.co.uk/ this place does it. Or just get a few amps instead. Id happily lend you my acoustic one. I run mic and guitar also keyboard through. So if all fails. My amp is always yours to borrow for free

Id not pay much attention to most of above, CLS will be outwith your budget, Atmosphere Lighting and Sound would maybe offer something more realistic, but its more disco PA's they do, probably not suitable for your needs.

Im sure i dont need to say it, but amps as a PA system is a terrible idea. 

• Upvote 1

Id not pay much attention to most of above, CLS will be outwith your budget, Atmosphere Lighting and Sound would maybe offer something more realistic, but its more disco PA's they do, probably not suitable for your needs.

Im sure i dont need to say it, but amps as a PA system is a terrible idea. 

Agreed. But it was a nice offer.

We use a big old 2kw PA for the rare gigs where we have to supply our own and it barely keeps up.

Hi everyone. I'm the bass player for original material West London punky power pop trio the Jetsonics.

By some sort of accident we've been booked to play a gig in Ballater on Sat 30th November.

This is great as we like an adventure. The downside is the cost of hiring an extra large van to transport our PA will turn the trip from a small profit to a loss.

I was hoping someone here or somneone you may know might be able to supply and do PA duties for the night for a consideration?

the band are quite noisy live but all we need is two vocals mic'ed with a fair bit of headroom. Maybe a bit of bass DI and the kick and snare mic'd if possible too.

We're not kids and have been gigging for many years (I did my first one in 1978!) so we know how to be respectful with equipment and people.

We're up for gig swaps and stuff so other suitable bands ask away if you'd like to play in the smoke with us and vice versa.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Ad

Band website is www.thejetsonics.com if you want to check us out.

Have you contacted the venue and asked them for advice?

Perhaps they have a contact for such a thing for other events, there's a heap of fete's and shows out in the sticks, I'm sure there would be some one out there who has one or hires it out to the pubs on a regular basis?

Edited by fatboy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...