aberdeen-music

GTA V

Chris

That reminds me, I really like how the radio stations change depending on where you are in the map.

I've been working hard to get through the story missions. Currently busting my balls for little payoff for the FIB.  Want to get a lot of it done before multiplayer launches. Though will probably avoid that for the first week or so until the inevitable server issues clear. Also got an exam for work a week on Tuesday so guess I'll need to forgo games to study. Boo.  

Aye, the game was a piece of piss really.  I started going for the gutsiest heist options, safe in the knowledge that I'd muddle my way through them without too much hassle.  Did get instantly taken out by the odd head shot, but the check points were really forgiving.

I never actually tried it, but I notice there was a 'skip' button if you fucked up a mission more than like 4 times.  Does it actually just put you straight to the next bit?

I read through what the endings to see what would have happened. I'm glad I picked C. Not only because what happens sounds heartbreaking, but because there's one last mission for Trevor after if you leave him as a playable character.

I couldn't help thinking ending A would have been a lot kinder for ol' Trevor in the grand scheme of things.

Aye, the game was a piece of piss really.  I started going for the gutsiest heist options, safe in the knowledge that I'd muddle my way through them without too much hassle.  Did get instantly taken out by the odd head shot, but the check points were really forgiving.

I never actually tried it, but I notice there was a 'skip' button if you fucked up a mission more than like 4 times.  Does it actually just put you straight to the next bit?

I couldn't help thinking ending A would have been a lot kinder for ol' Trevor in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, well I'm a big fan of being sneaky in games. So I went with the stealthy one every time. Might have a run through after I get to 100% picking different ways of doing things.

I never used the skip either, but was very tempted on the mission where you have to

jump on a train with the bike

Also,

if you pick C, you have to go get drugs for Trevor's mum. He's, he's fucked up in the head. And I think she's definitely to blame. The cut scene was sadder since I made him bald too.

Yeah this game is pretty easy to get through, no matter what you can always get there in the end, the only real thing slowing me down is my inability to fly planes or helicopters.

Driving in this game is so much better than the previous ones, its great fun cruising around the island listening to the talk radio station. 

Whats the furthest anyone has driven without crashing? Im on 11.8 miles, hoping to beat that tonight. 

Urgh, helicopters are a total ballache to control. They weave all over the place.  Planes are a piece of piss though.

Yeah the helicopters just weave everywhere, trying to complete that flying school lesson is so hard.

My issue with the planes is just when i accidentally tilt them too much trying to take a sharp turn and wing diving straight into the ground. 

Shit.  I got this yesterday.  I was hesitating as I wasn't really sure how arsed I could be with it, but with all I've heard about it I thought it best to give it a bash.  Holy shit, it is immense.  I am completely blown away by the scale and the detail within that scale.  I spent about an hour and a half playing tennis yesterday, ffs.  There are plenty of bugs you come across, but they are all totally forgiveable in my opinion.  I don't even know how to describe how good this is.  The moment I jumped off the pier to get to the boat and you go under water; that made the hairs on my neck stand on end!  Then swimming along the surface of the chopy sea waves.  fucking hell.  I only played it for about 5 hours too. 

^^^I'm genuinely lost for words! 

• Upvote 2

It is a beautiful game. The golf course is far too expensive though. And I'm not sure who should buy it. I like the idea of Trevor being in to golf, something mundane. But the way I've played him, he hasn't bought stock. Michael's already rich middle class, he doesn't deserve golf. And Franklin, he doesn't like golf. IMO.

You need to sell to access the money, yes.

But I too have been using BAWSAQ.  Balls.

It's a bit weird. I don't know how much it's affected by everyone buying at once because the game still gives you tips to buy shares that are only on BAWSAQ.  Those tips are supposed to be genuine so perhaps your in game progress still affects it slightly?