aberdeen-music

GTA V

Chris

What's difficult to understand?  My enjoyment of and interest in GTA games has decreased in direct proportion to how big they've become.  Loved GTA and GTA London 1969.  GTA2 wasn't so good, the gang thing was interesting but I didn't like the cars.  Loved GTA III, it was moody, dark and to the point.  Went a bit meh on Vice City, despite there being Maiden in the soundtrack, it was starting to get out of hand sizewise and I can't really explain it but I felt more disconnected from what was going on in the game - the gameplay was weird, camera seemed fuzzy to me.  Didn't like San Andreas so much, taking care of minute details like eating and going to the gym just annoyed me because it was getting more and more like actual life - I play games to escape.  In the games I like the characters I am playing or machinery I'm controlling don't have to stop to eat or worry about how fat they're getting.  No it isn't realistic, but games shouldn't be in my opinion.

Anyway, after that I checked out.  Sorry if that confuses you, but it's how I feel about it.  Are they games or are they trying to be alternate realities?

Also, I generally dislike online gaming, particularly against randoms.  To me multiplayer means Mario Kart or Bomberman - everyone in the same room, having a drink and a laugh - taunts are much better delivered in person.

You didn't have to do all the stuff like eating and gym in SA if you didn't want to. It just made him better at fighting and could replenish help. Not quite an rpg.

You don't need to defend the game.  It's only my opinion, I'm glad you enjoyed it along with countless others and in a way I'm envious of people who exhibit excited anticipation of the new one.  But it's not for me, can we just leave it at that?

What's difficult to understand?  My enjoyment of and interest in GTA games has decreased in direct proportion to how big they've become.  Loved GTA and GTA London 1969.  GTA2 wasn't so good, the gang thing was interesting but I didn't like the cars.  Loved GTA III, it was moody, dark and to the point.  Went a bit meh on Vice City, despite there being Maiden in the soundtrack, it was starting to get out of hand sizewise and I can't really explain it but I felt more disconnected from what was going on in the game - the gameplay was weird, camera seemed fuzzy to me.  Didn't like San Andreas so much, taking care of minute details like eating and going to the gym just annoyed me because it was getting more and more like actual life - I play games to escape.  In the games I like the characters I am playing or machinery I'm controlling don't have to stop to eat or worry about how fat they're getting.  No it isn't realistic, but games shouldn't be in my opinion.

Anyway, after that I checked out.  Sorry if that confuses you, but it's how I feel about it.  Are they games or are they trying to be alternate realities?

Also, I generally dislike online gaming, particularly against randoms.  To me multiplayer means Mario Kart or Bomberman - everyone in the same room, having a drink and a laugh - taunts are much better delivered in person.

Pretty much exactly how i feel about it as well. The  original GTA's had something very special and unique about them, the newer ones just have lost their edge for me, and that looks worse than the last one in terms of size.

You don't need to defend the game. It's only my opinion, I'm glad you enjoyed it along with countless others and in a way I'm envious of people who exhibit excited anticipation of the new one. But it's not for me, can we just leave it at that?

You didn't have to do all the eating gym etc in GTA IV either. I find it a weird stance but ach well each to their own.

Also, it's you that came in and expressed your opinion, so don't seem hard done by that we've asked about it.

Edited by Teabags
  • Upvote 3

You didn't have to do all the eating gym etc in GTA IV either. I find it a weird stance but ach well each to their own.

Also, it's you that came in and expressed your opinion, so don't seem hard done by that we've asked about it.

I did, and I don't feel hard done by that my opinion was questioned.  The manner of the questioning (I read the interjection "eh?" as "are you fucking mental?")  and the subsequent picking over it made me feel a little like it was implied that I was being some kind of village idiot for harbouring such an opinion.  Perhaps that's a touch of paranoia on my part coupled with the difficulty in reading the intention and spirit of written word without context, if so, allow me to extend my apologies.  Enjoy the game.  Seems like it's going to get pretty quiet around here... ;)

I didn't enjoy San Andreas as much, I feel like the scale of the map dwarfed the amount of extra content, i.e. you did the same type of missions only instead of driving for a minute to get from A to B, it took 10 minutes and you wrecked 4 cars on the way. Looking forward to GTA V though, it looks like they are leaning slightly further towards the RPG type layout without overkilling it, I hope.

xx

I never played much GTA3, Vice City or San Andreas, as they were all during my phase of not having a console. I wasn't a part of the PS2/Xbox era, other than playing Pro Evo and NHL 04 at friends' houses. I loved GTA4 though, so I'm pumped for 5.

Is it going to be a multi-disc affair, like LA Noire was? It looks like such a huge game to put onto one single disc.

I never played much GTA3, Vice City or San Andreas, as they were all during my phase of not having a console. I wasn't a part of the PS2/Xbox era, other than playing Pro Evo and NHL 04 at friends' houses. I loved GTA4 though, so I'm pumped for 5.

Is it going to be a multi-disc affair, like LA Noire was? It looks like such a huge game to put onto one single disc.

It probably might be for xbox. 

I never played GTA 2-3. I had a copy of the first one for my chipped ps1 that I used to just put in cheats for and shoot people and struggle to control it.

Got vice city. Never completed it. Enjoyed it though. Loved San Andreas. IV was alright. looking forward to V.

• 3 weeks later...