aberdeen-music

GTA V

Chris

I still like tootling about now and then, you still get the odd laugh if the right people are on. But some times are better than others. If there's too many american 12 yr olds calling each other's mom's faggots or something I'll leave it for another time.

And am I the only one who doesn't instantly shoot every other player they see, then wait for them to respawn and kill them again? That quickly gets tiresome.

I still like tootling about now and then, you still get the odd laugh if the right people are on. But some times are better than others. If there's too many american 12 yr olds calling each other's mom's faggots or something I'll leave it for another time.

And am I the only one who doesn't instantly shoot every other player they see, then wait for them to respawn and kill them again? That quickly gets tiresome.

I didn't at first. I used to drive by them and toot the horn hoping they'd get in so we could cause chaos together, but I always just ended up getting shot in the face without hesitation. So I just started killing everybody, just to ensure they didn't kill me.

It does get tiresome. Save the kill-kill-kill for the deathmatches. Free-mode should be about starting a gang and robbing the gas station.

It's only 4v4 and the maps are a bit small, and there doesn't seem to be TOO much skill needed...but its pretty damn fun.

Plus, in my second game on it, I absolutely dominated...

Spent about an afternoon dabbling in it, and think it's all right but probably not good enough to stand out among other shooters/F2P/multiplayer games, for my money (oh yes, F2P; time then, which is only slightly less scarce in my case).

One of the positive reviews on Steam noted it's a throwback to old-skool arena (Doom/Quake/Unreal etc.) games and an antidote to "too serious" military/tactical shooters (COD/BF and whatever else) which are more popular these days. The engine does have a strong old Quake feel (and feels a bit dated and/or cheap, it being a free indie game perhaps) crossed with GOW-style perspective/controls and TF2 aesthetics (and, suspiciously enough, Loaded). I don't see why anyone would take this over TF2 basically, which was my last shooter of choice.

I play TF2 still but I'm having a lot of fun playing it. I like that it isn't too serious and some of te death animations etc are really cool. Certainly a fun game. Also like the fact that all te payments are for outfits or double XP etc but all weapons upgrades are earned from blutes which can't simply be bought for cash, so avoiding pay-to-win.

Yeah, and a lot probably depends on the weapons customs, which are supposedly its main selling point. I actually just don't care much for RPG-style gear upgrades/unlocks in shooter games (which of course became part of TF2 at some point) at all. Should probably have put this in the what-game-are-you-playing thread, oh well..

I didn't at first. I used to drive by them and toot the horn hoping they'd get in so we could cause chaos together, but I always just ended up getting shot in the face without hesitation. So I just started killing everybody, just to ensure they didn't kill me.

It does get tiresome. Save the kill-kill-kill for the deathmatches. Free-mode should be about starting a gang and robbing the gas station.

I do it a fair bit. Just depends. If someone shoots at me, I'll shoot them for ages until I get bored. But normally I just beep. And if I have the mic on I say hi.

I was under the influence the other night, on the mic. Havering some amount of pish.

• 11 months later...

The Heists were promising to begin with, I had a go on the first morning when everyone was trying it out, and before the septics woke up. Was pretty good fun, but then about lunchtime it all ground to a halt as the servers struggled. And since then it's been a bit pish, tbh. You need to have a set number of players for each part of the heist, so unless you've arranged it with your pals, it means you have to wait in a lobby for randoms to join. And because everyone is doing the same thing, it takes ages. You can be waiting for like 10 mins, waiting for one more player, then someone else gets bored and quits, meaning another 10 min wait. And if anyone leaves during the mission, it's a fail and you're back to square one. Four times in a row I got over halfway through before someone fucked off, leaving me and the others to start all over again. Frustrating.

• 1 month later...