aberdeen-music

GTA V

Chris

Looks so great, but as is often the case with these sandbox style games (particularly one this big), I'm just never going to get around to completing it.  As much as i loved Skyrim, Fable II, Red Dead: I never even got half way through them before something else came along and stole my attentions. 

I lost interest after GTA III, which was wonderfully dark and moody.  After that it all got a bit too "real".  And as pointed out already, too "big".

Yeah this is pretty much my take on these games. Used to love them before they became too much. I cant imagine this one has gone back to being a smaller game so i wont bother, it will be fun for all of half an hour. 

Looks great. I don't understand how it can be so huge and look so slick and not be a next gen release. Is it going to be a multi-disc affair like LA Noire?

I personally think the more recent GTA had way more longevity than any previous GTA release. Especially as people still play GTA online now, and the game is over 5 years old. Surely a bigger game increases longevity, as there is more to do?

Just seems like a strange time to release it, considering the next gen consoles aren't far away, unless a port is being planned.

Just seems like a strange time to release it, considering the next gen consoles aren't far away, unless a port is being planned.

At the end of the lifecycle there's potentially the biggest audience for a game with the most consoles in homes.  If they focussed on releasing for the next gen then that's when the least amount of consoles are in the home.  They may not have the budget and resources to spend on also releasing a scaled down version for the current gen at the same time.  Imagine for Rockstar it makes more sense to make the absolute best game they can on current gen then wait for the next gen to bed in a bit before unleashing GTA VI on that.

Looking at the gameplay trailer it doesn't look like there's much in the way of a new engine, rather they've taken the GTA IV engine and brought in components from Red Dead and Max Payne 3 to update it.  With the timespan since IV was released I guess that means they can streamline everything and cram in much more game into the same console using what they're learned since then.

Much to my surprise when I went over my bird's place yesterday she had bought an X Box for her daughter from Cash Converters, with my PS3 long gone I was almost on the verge of buying a second hand one just for GTA 5 so have pre ordered the new game and watched the trailer and my gosh it looks fucking awesome, have been missing GTA 4 since I got rid of the PS so have ordered a second hand copy for the X Box to get back into GTA mode lol!

Looking at the gameplay trailer it doesn't look like there's much in the way of a new engine, rather they've taken the GTA IV engine and brought in components from Red Dead and Max Payne 3 to update it.  With the timespan since IV was released I guess that means they can streamline everything and cram in much more game into the same console using what they're learned since then.

This seems correct. Which I'm fine with, cos I think the engine in GTA IV was pretty awesome. And I'm glad I'll be able to play it on my 360. YAS MIN CAN'T WAIT!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...