aberdeen-music

Sparta + Million Dead, yourcodenameis:milo

HowLongIsTheNight?

Sparta absolutely suck. They're just so workmanlike. Million Dead would probably be better.

well that is the most predictable reply from someone with a mars volta avatar.

I don't go into HIM threads to say how terrible I think the band is. It's even more pathetic when you are obviously so partisan.

Sparta aren't bad, they just aren't erm, very good. Saying that, Deloused in the cremitorium was bloody awful compared to the ep, so mars volta are probably more disappointing, atleast Sparta don't pretend to be pink floyd.

well that is the most predictable reply from someone with a mars volta avatar.

I don't go into HIM threads to say how terrible I think the band is. It's even more pathetic when you are obviously so partisan.

Sparta aren't bad' date=' they just aren't erm, very good. Saying that, Deloused in the cremitorium was bloody awful compared to the ep, so mars volta are probably more disappointing, atleast Sparta don't pretend to be pink floyd.[/quote']

Pretend to be Pink Floyd!?!?!?! Bullshit! You're just saying that cos lazy journalists make lazy comparisons to bands like Floyd just cos they've got a "progressive" element. At least The Mars Volta don't pretend to be At the Drive-In. And I was just stating that i thought it would be a line-up in which support act would be better than the main act. The way you talk about being partisan you make it sound like it isn't possible to like both bands. And by the way it's "Comatorium" and don't say it was a typo.

Pretend to be Pink Floyd!?!?!?! Bullshit! You're just saying that cos lazy journalists make lazy comparisons to bands like Floyd just cos they've got a "progressive" element. At least The Mars Volta don't pretend to be At the Drive-In. And I was just stating that i thought it would be a line-up in which support act would be better than the main act. The way you talk about being partisan you make it sound like it isn't possible to like both bands. And by the way it's "Comatorium" and don't say it was a typo.

It wasn't a typo, it was just a mistake over a completely forgetable album. Did you not read what I said, I went to the gigs, and I gave my own views. The first gig with les savy fav and the apes was amazing, mainly due to the other acts granted but it was far more enjoyable than the t in the park wankfest. Also, "Sparta absolutely suck. They're just so workmanlike. Million Dead would probably be better" where in that post did you "just" say that you would prefer the support band. Your comment wasn't needed at all in this thread. Please don't act like you have a moral highground, it's laughable.

It wasn't a typo' date=' it was just a mistake over a completely forgetable album. Did you not read what I said, I went to the gigs, and I gave my own views. The first gig with les savy fav and the apes was amazing, mainly due to the other acts granted but it was far more enjoyable than the t in the park wankfest. Also, "Sparta absolutely suck. They're just so workmanlike. Million Dead would probably be better" where in that post did you "just" say that you would prefer the support band. Your comment wasn't needed at all in this thread. Please don't act like you have a moral highground, it's laughable.[/quote']

When I said "Million Dead would probably be better" i was stating that i would prefer the support act. It ain't rocket science. And these forums are for discussion and i had every right to post in this thread as what i said was relevant because it concerned the line-up of one fo the gigs. And what's all this about "moral highground"?? I simply posted an opinion and i'm not acting like i have a moral highground, just that i have a superior taste. You just overreacted to my criticism of Sparta. Stop taking things so seriously.

sparta and million dead dont do anything for me musically but mars volta have so much more to offer musically. Which leads me to think that when the people from mars volta were interviewed on gonzo and were asked "why did at the drive in split up"? they replied with "we got bored with the sound and it did nothing for us". I agree totally, the emo sound is too limited and thus gets boring after hearing too many similar bands from that genre. I guess thats why most of them sound the same.

When I said "Million Dead would probably be better" i was stating that i would prefer the support act. It ain't rocket science. And these forums are for discussion and i had every right to post in this thread as what i said was relevant because it concerned the line-up of one fo the gigs. And what's all this about "moral highground"?? I simply posted an opinion and i'm not acting like i have a moral highground' date=' just that i have a superior taste. You just overreacted to my criticism of Sparta. Stop taking things so seriously.[/quote']

The day I take anything seriously on the internet is the day I start slaughtering the kiddies I have tied up in the basement. I am merely killing time, and I especially like annoying people such as themselves who claim the crown of "superior taste" You didn't state you would prefer anything, you said Million Dead would probably be better, thus implying that you don't really like them either. You are not going to the gig right? Then why try and shove your opinions on a topic obviously going to be dominated by people who would love to go. You are like a freakin' missionary desperate to convert. I didn't overreact to anything, and there was certainly nothing that would fall into the category of criticism in your original post. Oh by the way, seeing as you seem to lack the intelligence to understand any degree of subtlty, what i mean here is that saying a band sucks and then doing an Arnie and calling them girly, doesn't qualify as criticism. While you have the right to post anywhere, you probably shouldn't, each time you post it becomes more apparent how much of a pretenious elitist you are.

The day I take anything seriously on the internet is the day I start slaughtering the kiddies I have tied up in the basement. I am merely killing time' date=' and I especially like annoying people such as themselves who claim the crown of "superior taste" You didn't state you would prefer anything, you said Million Dead would probably be better, thus implying that you don't really like them either. You are not going to the gig right? Then why try and shove your opinions on a topic obviously going to be dominated by people who would love to go. You are like a freakin' missionary desperate to convert. I didn't overreact to anything, and there was certainly nothing that would fall into the category of criticism in your original post. Oh by the way, seeing as you seem to lack the intelligence to understand any degree of subtlty, what i mean here is that saying a band sucks and then doing an Arnie and calling them girly, doesn't qualify as criticism. While you have the right to post anywhere, you probably shouldn't, each time you post it becomes more apparent how much of a pretenious elitist you are.[/quote']

The "superior taste" comment was intended to annoy you and it looks like it worked. By saying Million Dead would probably be better obviously implies that i prefer them and i do like them although i'm not that into them (ie I don't have their album or anything). And I did ponder going to the gig but I've decided Sparta (after having recently listened to Wiretap Scars) are shit. "What i mean here is that saying a band sucks and then doing an Arnie and calling them girly, doesn't qualify as criticism" erm what the fuck? Calling them girly? Doing an Arnie? Please elaborate. And I am certainly not trying to convert anyone and that comment is as irrelevant and nonsensical as the "high moral ground" part of your last post. And saying a band sucks is criticism, it's just not particularly detailed criticism. By the way I consider "pretentious elitist" a compliment. You're very kind.