aberdeen-music

The Same Thing We Do Every Night

Flights

I skipped through a lot of it but it sounds like a bunch of accomplished musicians playing their instruments together in a fairly harmonious way, the result being a not unpleasant aural experience. There's a bit that sounds like a silversun pickups song and it sounds pretty well recorded.

I tried listening to a full track but it gets a little samey for me. Could be done with some - dunno what you'd call it - classical structure maybe? ABA type thing.

• Upvote 2

I skipped through a lot of it but it sounds like a bunch of accomplished musicians playing their instruments together in a fairly harmonious way, the result being a not unpleasant aural experience. There's a bit that sounds like a silversun pickups song and it sounds pretty well recorded.

I tried listening to a full track but it gets a little samey for me. Could be done with some - dunno what you'd call it - classical structure maybe? ABA type thing.

Structure? We're not Rush fella.

It's something a few people have said and we do take the point - the next incarnation of TSTWDEN should be more to do with songs rather than jams.

This was all recorded straight from pedalboards into a DAW - one take per song, all of us playing together with minimal overdubbing.

Edited by colb

Thanks for listening and thanks for the feedback. I think our future recordings will have a bit more structure to them with less of a focus on repetition. We wrote the kinda outlines for these songs when Col and me were going through a Spacemen 3 phase.

As Col touched upon these are more jams than songs and we recorded it purely to let people hear what we've been up to. I think the plan is once we've played the gigs we've been booked for we're going to go away and write a host of new stuff. Hopefully with the two other guitarists we've acquired. Maybe even a bassist and a drummer too. 

• 3 weeks later...