aberdeen-music

stereo analogue (or modelled) delay pedals, what's good?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Are you wanting it to have stereo inputs as well as outputs? There's a few decent stereo multidelay pedals like TC Electronic Flashbacks or Nova delays which will do analogue sounds, along with several others that you might not want / use. The Strymon Brigadier could be a good shout if you want just an anolgue, though it only has stereo out.

Had a flashback, and its not as good as the TC nova or repeater.  the tap tempo is a pain in the butt, and the controls are quite irritating if you need to make changes during a gig.

I am selling a TC nova Delay IB modified if you're interested.   Fantastic pedal, mint condition.      Has a separate tap tempo switch, can save presets, and sounds awesome. Also contains built in modulation.  Give me a shout if you like to have  alook.

Had a similar idea to you, to pick up a tweakable delay unit as outboard for processing audio but also wanted it for live use.  I ended up getting the Strymon Timeline as it covers a lot of ground and got great reviews.  It's out of the budget range you mentioned and has a loop function along with probably some other functions you probably wouldn't use but it seriously good.  It has deep modeling options, the lofi delays are great.  I guess at that price point, stomp box wise, l the other option is the Eventide Timefactor.  Probably very similar, very tweakable.  I did a quick search on lexicon delays and this outboard one came up http://www.proaudiosystems.co.uk/lexicon-mx300-reverb-delay-and-dynamic-effects.html?gclid=CMW4vZadhLgCFYTItAodXlAA-A

Might be worth checking out older lexicon outboard stuff, you might pick it up cheaper.  

• 2 weeks later...