aberdeen-music

tele advice

Guest Young Adolesent

from what i see youd have to get a new bridge unless youd want to start cutting your bridge down in size to fit the p90 in but everything else is really standard just a new scratch guard. as to the router thing... i have no clue

The 72's with dual wide range pickups mad by Fender have bridges with six saddles.

You do get this type of bridges though.

TBA_1294_CHR_1__06107.1365015975.1280.12

You'd probably need to get a custom cut guard for it as the shape and size of it looks different from the normal 6 saddle bridge.

Edited by Flights

My intonation is fine... I was just going to cut my 3 saddle bridge down to size. However, I've decided against hacking the pickup cavity out so will probably just get a little 59 or something similar for the bridge to save hassle. Now, to find a multimeter to figure out which kind of bare knuckle I'll be removing/selling to pay for it!

Thanks for the input though, lads. Just another hair brain scheme. The cost of getting new WR's from the creamery is the main setback to be honest.

Cheers!

My intonation is fine... I was just going to cut my 3 saddle bridge down to size. However, I've decided against hacking the pickup cavity out so will probably just get a little 59 or something similar for the bridge to save hassle. Now, to find a multimeter to figure out which kind of bare knuckle I'll be removing/selling to pay for it!

Thanks for the input though, lads. Just another hair brain scheme. The cost of getting new WR's from the creamery is the main setback to be honest.

Cheers!

There is always a slight compromise with a 3 saddled bridge.

Cheers!

Probably a wise move.  There are loads of interesting Tele bridge pickups to look at- but only a couple of decent (and stupidly expensive) WRHB sized options out there.