aberdeen-music

Collections

fatboy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've recently started a collection of promotional playing cards. I don't really know why. I used to have a bunch of different beer and whisky ones from when I worked in pubs and I just liked them. I've always been into logos, branding etc. Sadly they got chucked out somewhere along the line so I've just recently started again. So far my collection only contains a few different Guinness packs, Murphys Irish Stout, Tayto Crisps, Jack Daniels, The Scottish Open and a handful of others, plus a few novelty packs (Bond posters, Beatles etc). I'm going for mostly promotional / logos (beers, airlines, companies) etc but I'll grab any interesting commemorative or novelty ones I see as well. They're readily available, and a pack of cards only costs a couple of quid so it's a cheap, if slightly pointless thing to collect! If anyone has anything unusual lurking at the bottom of a drawer I'll happily take them off your hands. 

I've got my eye on a few on eBay as well.

$T2eC16NHJHQE9nzE)jzoBQ3Cd8sg,!~~60_12.J

$T2eC16J,!zYFIcUy7FOsBSU,G52ZgQ~~60_12.J

$T2eC16F,!)0E9s37Fb0mBR,TwK(Rbg~~60_12.J

$T2eC16ZHJIkE9qU3k6w-BRe92jbo6g~~60_12.J

$(KGrHqNHJFQFGMHp5KvkBRjilPOsdg~~60_12.J

$(KGrHqJHJEUFGKT5kBZTBRoIqVwp!w~~60_12.J

I have a natural affinity for continually adding to my CD and DVD collection but these have to be viciously pruned every so often.

The only thing I really collect as such is watches, I've always liked to wear a watch and have accumulated a fair collection over the past 15 years or so. My tastes have changed over the years though so some watches I bought 10 years ago no longer get worn - although they aren't really doing any harm sitting in a storage case, I have started to progressively sell them off on eBay and via watch forums to reduce the collection to more sensible levels.

• Upvote 1

I have a natural affinity for continually adding to my CD and DVD collection but these have to be viciously pruned every so often.

The only thing I really collect as such is watches, I've always liked to wear a watch and have accumulated a fair collection over the past 15 years or so. My tastes have changed over the years though so some watches I bought 10 years ago no longer get worn - although they aren't really doing any harm sitting in a storage case, I have started to progressively sell them off on eBay and via watch forums to reduce the collection to more sensible levels.

Details? Pictures? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Been pretty skint. I need to pay for a college course. Borrowed the money of my mum but even if I pay for that I'll still be skint for a week. Was shitting it.

Phoned the college, got told that if I just go along and fill out the paperwork and not pay, they'll chase the tutor for payment before me, and as long as I pay it on the 20th then I should be golden. 

Priorities. 

haha i go through phases unfortunately of wasting my money on unescessary crap i really dont need!!!

well my favourite band is no doubt so i have a sh*tload of stuff related to them.

i didnt mean to collect vans but i've somehow accumulated 7 pairs over the past year and currently have my eye on 2 other pairs O.o

i'm gonna throw marvel in here to since its my new "thing". i've always been a fan but only recently have i started wasting my money on it lol. (novelty marvel keyrings, bearbricks, lego figures - crap people my age shouldnt have lol)

when i was a kid a collected rubbers. as in erasers not condoms XD

• Upvote 1