aberdeen-music

big muff mod

Any electronically minded folks fancy taking on a project for me?

Firstly I want to swap out the 9v supply for standard boss type socket. Could probably do this myself...

Secondly I'd like to build in a drained battery simulator pot or possibly a separate adapter for this purpose. I'm sure this is also easy enough to do but don't want to fuck my muff.

Offers or advice both welcome.

Cheers

Firstly I want to swap out the 9v supply for standard boss type socket. Could probably do this myself...

Secondly I'd like to build in a drained battery simulator pot or possibly a separate adapter for this purpose. I'm sure this is also easy enough to do but don't want to fuck my muff.

Cheers

You get a wee adapter plug that lets you connect the muff to a boss type socket.

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/visual-sound-3.5mm-converter/31273?gclid=CPPYi_O647cCFSXItAod0VoAmw

Even easier than putting in a 9v supply mod!

Cheers

Putting in a sag control to simulate a drained is probably easier at the supply end that at the pedal end, better affecting the power on the way in to more accurately reflect what a drained battery does than getting involved with the pedals circuit board.

Some power supplies (Voodoo labs) have this built in. or you could build one: http://www.beavisaudio.com/projects/DBS/

Putting in a sag control to simulate a drained is probably easier at the supply end that at the pedal end, better affecting the power on the way in to more accurately reflect what a drained battery does than getting involved with the pedals circuit board.

Some power supplies (Voodoo labs) have this built in. or you could build one: http://www.beavisaudio.com/projects/DBS/

I read that earlier actually. Seems pretty straight forward.

Presumably, If I build one of those beavis things, I could just use my existing Moen  9v supply line but use a 3.5mm output on the beavis to feed the muff....

I'd be pretty careful when trying it out then, I'm not sure what happens when you run positive and negative ground pedals from the same power supply, but I think it'll kill at least one of them, or tear the space time continuum, both are pretty bad.

No it won't. We're getting WAY too complicated here. Build the sag control and then use any cable that reverses the tip polarity. Job done, pedals safe, space time continuum untorn.

Muffs sound awful with a dying battery though - so this whole thread is kinda moot........