aberdeen-music

Fender Super Bullets

Leckie Gilman

the other day i bought a fender fat strat with shiny metallic blue paint and it kicks ass. but it has shit strings. on the back of the guitar on the tremolo cover is a sticker stating that it comes equiped with fender super bullet end strings. the idea is that the bullet shaped balls on the ends of the strings fit the tremolo bridge thing exactly and apparently it maintains tuning stabilty or some shit like that.

but personally i think that they sound absolutely shite.

anyone think the same/otherwise?

Originally posted by Mouse

from my experience so far nothing beats a pack of Ernie Balls.

Originally posted by Leckie Gilman

agreed.

I'd sooner use that wire you get to cut cheese with as guitar strings than a set of Ernie Bollocks. Every time I have used a set I break one after a week.

Originally posted by GraemeC

Dya wannit fixed?

Its cool - all i really need is something thin and hard so i can get between the side of the entrance and the string to push the ball out. The 4 high strings came out no problem (d,g,b,e,) and low e was strong enough to push itself out, the a string however is too fat for my metal kebab stick to get passed and too weak to push itself out.

I'd go for D'Addrio's personally. Been using them for ages. Switched to Ernie Balls and they got mega dirty after a week (not even playing much) and snapped the high E in the first gig I played with them. Normally takes me a lot longer to snap strings than that. Plus the coloured ends look good on my guitar as they are visible at the back of the bridge.

fender bullets are shite, the bullet end dosent make any difference to the guitars tuning, and the strings are crap, that is the view of all the guitar forums i visit...

i always used ernie balls, worked fine for me, tried out some daddario's, also work fine, ive only had a few breakages from ernie balls, but that was on a cheap guitar with crappy saddles, or after 4 months of heavy abuse with a floyd

so either work for me, im not too fussed

David

I personally prefer Fender Super Bullets, I use them on my LP heh heh.

I've only had one bad experience with them when the bullet end came flying off during a particularly heavy session and literally shot off of my wall and hit me in the foot :O

Ernie Ball strings don't bother me either, my high E once broke and sliced my arm but no terrible experiences.