aberdeen-music

Strat Parts Wanted

Guest Young Adolesent

It could is possible, but

this seems more complex than the end result is worth

A humbucker sized p90 would be way easier, and it's half way between a single coil and a humbucker, plus it won't break the bank. If you want to learn, start with the easy stuff.

Guest Young Adolesent

But mini p90's are difficult to get than single coils and that there powerfull things i used to own a hoffner with them in sounded ace

Guest Young Adolesent

the hole is too big for a single coil to stay in place. if its not filled the single coil will just fall out of place and move about. by filling it it should be the right size for a single coil to stay in place. am i right people? any way im just sticking with 2 singles and a humbucker too much work to change it to 3 singles

Edited by Young Adolesent

the hole is too big for a single coil to stay in place. if its not filled the single coil will just fall out of place and move about. by filling it it should be the right size for a single coil to stay in place. am i right people? any way im just sticking with 2 singles and a humbucker too much work to change it to 3 singles

No - some strats have three routs for individual pickups and some have what's called a swimming pool rout - just a big empty space underneath the scratchplate. The pickups in most strats are fitted to the scratchplate, not the body of the guitar. If they were fitted to the body you wouldn't need a scratchplate - like PRS's and Les Pauls.............

• Upvote 2

have you considered making a helpfull contribution?

Helpful contribution coming up - USE SPELLCHECK.

And think about NOT trying to rebuild or mod a guitar. With the budget you're on you just won't be able to make it better . Work your way up to a decent guitar by saving and trading. On the way you'll learn a lot more about guitars and you'll work out what suits you best.

If you absolutely have to tinker with guitars i've got decent tuners that'll fit a tele kicking about here somewhere that you can have.