aberdeen-music

Strat Parts Wanted

Guest Young Adolesent

Guest Young Adolesent

Helpful contribution coming up - USE SPELLCHECK.

And think about NOT trying to rebuild or mod a guitar. With the budget you're on you just won't be able to make it better . Work your way up to a decent guitar by saving and trading. On the way you'll learn a lot more about guitars and you'll work out what suits you best.

If you absolutely have to tinker with guitars i've got decent tuners that'll fit a tele kicking about here somewhere that you can have.

dont have spell check on my phone :( tbh ive got nothing better to do in my spare time since i dont work now. What you looking for the tuners?

Guest Young Adolesent

The best thing you can buy before any guitar upgrades or parts is this Book....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Make-Your-Electric-Guitar-Great/dp/0879309989/ref=dp_ob_title_bk

Then learn how to set up the guitars action, then some soldering skills to upgrade pickups and fix switches/pots, etc.

set ups im fine with when it comes to soldering etc if ive got the wiring diagram im fine but thanks dave!

From my experience simply changing the pickups and a few minor hardware upgrades can breath a whole new lease of life into a cheaper guitar.

Putting together a guitar from scratch is a great way to build your understanding of how a guitar works and makes identifying and repairing problems a little bit easier. It is definitely not a quick nor painless experience however and you can often end up with a worse guitar than what you started with.

My best piece of advice is take your time. Read up on what you are about to do and make sure you have all the tools and parts you need before you start.

Guest Young Adolesent

Thanks flights i know i could change things for better or for worse i need to get some cleaners and clean the electronics as tried it on an amp today and the second you touck one of the knobs on guitar a whole load of feedback comes. So if the cleaner dont work ill have to solder new pots in and maybe a new jack. As for the bridge the little screws that lift the saddles some are misding but would be better with a new bridge. I know it could end up worse but in my eye it really needs it tools wise my neighbour has more tools than id ever need but he gets them from his work so if i need it he will get it. Parts i just need the bridge, scratch plate and pots thanks for the advice flights really appreciated!

Guest Young Adolesent

It started off as wanting parts to up grade a pacifica wich is a strat style but realised no point as cant do much with it as it will cost more than guitar is worth just to fill cavities etc to put single coils in. So i changed it to a tele parts as i got one and standard tele parts will fit in it

Lol just shows how daft some of these posts are. Start off as a post about a Pacifica turning into a strat. Now that's what I call digressing

Those posts aren't nearly as dumb as that pointless statement. Young lad looking for some advice and all you can muster is saying it's daft. Surely a more productive approach would be to offer advice and maybe offer to help the kid rather than just be an asshole!

Guest Young Adolesent

Just save up and get a nice guitar pal, save u messing around fixing things, unless its a hobby you like having of course. Its tough when your young getting cash together for things but its best just hanging in there and finding something you like and keeping it a while

i know but its a hobby even though i dont have the funds for it thats why im selling stuff and trading. yeh it is tough especially now with no source of income darn redundancy 

i know but its a hobby even though i dont have the funds for it thats why im selling stuff and trading. yeh it is tough especially now with no source of income darn redundancy 

Stop buying so much stuff just to sell it or trade it on. Put a bit more time and effort into researching what you actually want/need and you'll not lose money constantly buying/selling/trading.

Guest Young Adolesent

Stop buying so much stuff just to sell it or trade it on. Put a bit more time and effort into researching what you actually want/need and you'll not lose money constantly buying/selling/trading.

i know what i needing parts wise and guitar wise im happy for once im just selling stuff i dont need im not really loosing money when i didnt have any to start with :)

Edited by Young Adolesent