aberdeen-music

Strat Parts Wanted

Guest Young Adolesent

Guest Young Adolesent

ive decided to build a strat! ive got a body and neck basiclly its a Yamaha praifica with a decent maple neck but im wanting to build something really good out of it so the parts im needing

1. a good set of single coils im open to suggestion the lowest brand id go is tonerider 

2. good tuners maybe gotoh or fenders or wilkinson (the new ones) 

3. also needing a new bridge open to suggestions on this possibly one of a fender strat

4. lastly im needing a pickguard im ideally looking for a tortoise one. my yamaha is a hss configuration wich is annoying  as i dont like humbuckers 

last thing. im trade only for these peices dont have money! i have 2 guitars, a amp and a computer to trade. if theres any thing else id need for a good strat (bigsby im looking at you mostly) please tell me!!! thanks a lot 

Edited by Young Adolesent

Guest Young Adolesent

Take a look on amazon, they have loads of guitar parts at decent prices.

i know they do but as i said its trade only as im broke :-( thanks anyway dave

Guest Young Adolesent

i was looking for something  a LOT better but they seem not bad if theres nothing in the next few days id probs take them

Guest Young Adolesent

bump got some cheap pups but still open to some better ones (better if you could put them in for me )

also frogot to say looking for a gold bridge and tuners and the pickguard has to be brown tortoise :) thanks 

i was looking for something  a LOT better but they seem not bad if theres nothing in the next few days id probs take them

Entwistle pickups are pretty decent for the mental price they sell for.

He seems to be a good lad who specs his pickups to the chinese who then make them for him hence the low cost. I have a set of the XS65's in a partocaster of mine and they sound great.

Guest Young Adolesent

Entwistle pickups are pretty decent for the mental price they sell for.

He seems to be a good lad who specs his pickups to the chinese who then make them for him hence the low cost. I have a set of the XS65's in a partocaster of mine and they sound great.

thanks ive mailed him about them . But some one winnae reply!

Guest Young Adolesent

I'll see about getting the pickups out this sunday bud, as they are still in the guitar (minus one) 

Where about do you bide?

mastrick, you got any of the other parts im wanting? needing that scratch plate badly if youve got one you can have my hss one and the pickups with it :)

LiamFoyer in yet another thread hijack...

If the boy gets a sale and someone gets something then everyone's a winner. Whole point of a trading post just cos someone has offered something in a certain post doesn't mean no one else can't buy it.

just cos someone has offered something in a certain post doesn't mean no one else can't buy it.

It's still poor form to jump in before the actual suitor has had a chance to turn down the offer. No harm if he doesn't want what is being offered, but it's their thread, so they should have first refusal really.

Guest Young Adolesent

It's still poor form to jump in before the actual suitor has had a chance to turn down the offer. No harm if he doesn't want what is being offered, but it's their thread, so they should have first refusal really.

tbh i never noticed it because it was quite un noticeable but if it hadnt been for liam saying he wanted it i wouldnt have noticed thanks liam hahahaha

I dont think a strat scratchplate will fit a pacifica

its and older model i belive i typed in the serial number either from 1988 or 1998 defo not 2008 havent seen any with lite ash body and maple neck 

Guest Young Adolesent

I have the same guitar but yes, a strat pickguard will not fit. Different number of holes, different shape plus a strat has 1 volume 2 tones, yamaha 1 of each. Just upgrade the pickups and tuners. Solid body and neck.

what will i do then since im wanting to switch to all single coils? Im wanting a new bridge as this one is slightly raised ! Its a nice body and lovely neck to it!

Well first for the bridge simple solution. Slacken the strings, remove the back plate and the 2 screws that are connecting the underside of the bridge to the guitar body tighten them so they go in towards the guitar body. Tune back up and sorted. That is what lowers a floating bridge. If still a little high tighten some more. Unless your on about the action being to high then that is a simple fix also.

You haven't really considered the pickups too well then cos as soon as you take the pickguard off u will have a cavity that fits a humbucker not a single coil. Either have to fill the cavity and re rout it or have a single coil with the chance of too much movement and vibration if not fitted correctly. Try something simple first before not liking the humbucker on the yamaha, lower the pickup away from the strings, it won't be as powerful and will add extra twang. I quite like the humbucker in the yamaha, I just add some bottom end on an eq pedal and sounds nice.

Guest Young Adolesent

Well first for the bridge simple solution. Slacken the strings, remove the back plate and the 2 screws that are connecting the underside of the bridge to the guitar body tighten them so they go in towards the guitar body. Tune back up and sorted. That is what lowers a floating bridge. If still a little high tighten some more. Unless your on about the action being to high then that is a simple fix also.

You haven't really considered the pickups too well then cos as soon as you take the pickguard off u will have a cavity that fits a humbucker not a single coil. Either have to fill the cavity and re rout it or have a single coil with the chance of too much movement and vibration if not fitted correctly. Try something simple first before not liking the humbucker on the yamaha, lower the pickup away from the strings, it won't be as powerful and will add extra twang. I quite like the humbucker in the yamaha, I just add some bottom end on an eq pedal and sounds nice.

ive tightened and tightend still no luck . As for the scratch plate i think id just try to fill the cavity unless anyone wants to do it for me? To me humbuckers dont go with single coils