aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

team goes up by a couple of goals in the early stages

other team gets a goal back and gets back into the game

half time whistle goes

pundit: "after the 2nd one goes in you're thinking this could be a cricket score, but they got themselves back in it"

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It's like pundits are legally obliged to assume a team will "go on and get 5 or 6" if they score 2 goals early on.

I reckon it'll be Giggs as caretaker before Fergie comes back. Fergie is a stubborn man. He said he's never coming back. Even if he felt like he wanted to, he probably wouldn't, just so he didn't have to admit he was wrong.

Giggs as caretaker will be okay. But it wouldn't be anywhere near as good as Paddy Evra player manager. Just give King Pat the full time job now.

Moyes needs to save his reputation. He needs to get himself a Pulis job. Pull a supposed no-hoper from the brink of relegation, and steer them safely into mid-table with games to spare, whilst giving some of the big boys a tonking on the way. Then he'll be back.

He looks to have aged about 10 years since June. He probably needs a bit of a break.

I know just the job for him:-

Mike-Ashley-001.jpg

I'm completely serious.

I wonder if his contract states that if they fail to make the Champions' League his payout is reduced if his contract is terminated early.

Would make sense re: timing - i.e. they would perhaps have wanted to get rid earlier but now that it's mathematically impossible it's more financial prudent to act now.

I wonder if his contract states that if they fail to make the Champions' League his payout is reduced if his contract is terminated early.

Would make sense re: timing - i.e. they would perhaps have wanted to get rid earlier but now that it's mathematically impossible it's more financial prudent to act now.

That seems to be what people are saying, but I don't see why they wouldn't just wait to the season is over. Perhaps they were pushed by the stories coming out in the press.

I would imagine its now because they are really unlikely to get Europa league next season, they probably gave him the chance to at least qualify for that, now its pretty much impossible its time for him to go. No european football is madness for a club like United. 

I have stuck up for him all season, but there can be no doubts he has failed, and his squad is so badly balanced its going to need a lot of work to sort out.

The thing is, now, the United job is a very interesting offer, not following Fergie, can hardly have a worse season than this one, whoever comes in basically gets a clean slate and the backing of the fans, i could imagine quite a few will be interested in it now. 

There was an interview on Talksport with a German football 'expert' (I forget his name, it might have been Raphael Hoenigstein actually, but I'm unsure) who said that it's almost a certainty that Klopp will not be leaving Dortmund until at least the end of his current contract.

To paraphrase: Klopp is fiercely loyal, tenacious and still considers the Dortmund 'project' alive and is desperate to bring Dortmund closer in line to Bayern. Chances not 'impossible' but as close to it as you can get.