aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

This may have been posted in here already, but it deserves posting again I think. Stenhousemuir striker John Gemmell reacts to Ally McCoist's whining about 'fixture congestion' and that Rangers' game with Stenhousemuir should be moved to the following weekend rather than midweek. To be read from the bottom up:

don.jpg

Its incredible they are back at this point again, but lets be fair, we all saw it coming a mile off. McCoist has been getting paid more than most SPL squads are getting paid, and thats before you look at the huge over paid squad of players they have. I bet the likes of Law and Daily are delighted about their summer decisions now. 

Just realised Scott Severin works at my company.

Before I leave the company at the end of the month, I'm going to send him links to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P50jdspdCy8&feature=player_detailpage

...and more importantly this...

...and tell him how much I love him.

What have I got to lose? We're friends on LinkedIn now, anyway, and everyone knows that's for life.

• Upvote 2

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/tom-english-graham-wallace-must-shake-up-rangers-1-3270114

Hard to believe what's going on at Rangers again. Basically doing what sent them bust in the first place and living way beyond their means. Would be quite happy for them die again and stay dead this time. Not missed at all from the premier league. 

Nice to see the players are willing to try and help the club out - http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/rangers-first-team-squad-were-not-taking-a-15-pay-cut.1389898119

• Upvote 1

Before I leave the company at the end of the month, I'm going to send him links to this...

What have I got to lose? We're friends on LinkedIn now, anyway, and everyone knows that's for life.

It saddens me a little that Severin has to work at all these days.

I obviously watched every second of both those videos and am now headed to search for more on youtube. I just wish there were more recordings of the days I really care about from the past.

This video is basically when I became a Dons fan. I actually remember my Dad trying to get me interested at the start of that season but me not caring that much, I just had a slight interest. I ended up going to the Celtic and Dundee Utd games in the video and they were amazing. Shearers goal against Utd I remember particularly well. I was on holiday during the play off against Dunfermline but suddenly it felt like I was missing the most important thing in the world. A few months later I had my first season ticket.

• Upvote 1

Stan Collymore criticised Luis Suarez for diving today, then speaks out about the abuse he got in return, telling Liverpool fans to save their abuse for Suarez leaves in the summer. He get's this back at him:

I hope you're found hanging from your garage you wife beating shithouse @StanCollymore

Football fans. Great bunch of lads.

Twitter is poison.

the problem with Scottish football is they need a workable Rangers to at least give some competition to Celtic, utterly daft decision to demote the huns in the first place!  The SPL is now a complete farce although I do find it amusing when Celtic fan friends of mine post on Facebook what a great achievement winning the SPL is.... no its not with your squad of English premier and championship rejects and with no competition it is actually a piece of piss!

• Downvote 12

the problem with Scottish football is they need a workable Rangers to at least give some competition to Celtic, utterly daft decision to demote the huns in the first place! The SPL is now a complete farce although I do find it amusing when Celtic fan friends of mine post on Facebook what a great achievement winning the SPL is.... no its not with your squad of English premier and championship rejects and with no competition it is actually a piece of piss!

Get out.

• Upvote 3

the problem with Scottish football is they need a workable Rangers to at least give some competition to Celtic, utterly daft decision to demote the huns in the first place!  The SPL is now a complete farce although I do find it amusing when Celtic fan friends of mine post on Facebook what a great achievement winning the SPL is.... no its not with your squad of English premier and championship rejects and with no competition it is actually a piece of piss!

No offence Del but you don't seem to have a clue what you're talking about here. For a start Rangers weren't demoted, they ceased to exit. The rules were bent to allow a new club called Rangers into the league without 3 years of accounts.

I honestly don't think I have disagreed more with anything somebody has said about football.

I thought that Rangers getting demoted would be the death knell for Scottish football, and I am very glad to have been proved completely wrong. The SPFL is excellent at the moment.

I'm already depressed thinking about the return of "Rangers" to the top division.

In the 18 months since their absence, it has allowed a few teams to actually make a leap to become slightly more competitive.

Being realistic, Celtic will probably win the league by a margin of about 20 points this season. With another season under their belts and being capable of adding a few players, you could realistically see aberdeen or motherwell/Dundee United etc... being capable of winning maybe 4 or 5 more games over the next season, perhaps bringing celtics winning margin within an actual touching distance. Then, bang, a version of rangers will be back, dope their way to near the top, making the last few seasons redundant in terms of progress.

I can't think of anything worse than "Rangers" coming back to the top.

• Upvote 2

I actually feel sorry for their fans to a degree

NO. You choose to follow (follow) that lot and you deserve the ridicule.

Buying a Sevco season book is the same as handing your money to an investment bank without getting any of it back, other than faux delusions of footballing superiority....