aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Not footy related, but ive seen a fair bit of Piers Morgan "love" ( or not ) on these boards in the past, so i think this might be quite enjoyable for some.

I suppose hes trying to prove a point about Englands players being "scared" or something, when all he really proves is what a prize prick he is, a prize prick with a bunch of fuck off bruises on his back.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2013/dec/27/piers-morgan-brett-lee-over-cricket

Does anyone know where I could possibly find online the full episodes to last year's Being: Liverpool documentary? It's no longer available on the Channel 5 player, and I only ever caught episode 1, which was great. What an absolute fucking circus that football club was circa sixteen months ago.

This is relevant to my interests. Preferably somewhere internationally available.

I remember that QPR documentary, it was very interesting. Paolo Sousa was quite an objectionable individual, his arrogance really shone through above all else. I've never seen the Chelsea documentary, but like most things associated with Chelsea Football Club, it will lack class, refinement, and general interest.

Does anyone know where I could possibly find online the full episodes to last year's Being: Liverpool documentary? It's no longer available on the Channel 5 player, and I only ever caught episode 1, which was great. What an absolute fucking circus that football club was circa sixteen months ago.

The best part of Being: Liverpool was the scene in which Brendan Rodgers called Joe Allen "the Welsh Xavi." It's like that time Diego Maradona said that Jonas Gutierrez was one of the top five players in the world, and that the Argentina XI was "Messi, Mascherano, Jonas and eight others." Great stuff.

Such hilarious comparisons do tend to emerge from Liverpool affiliates. My flatmate, one of the most intelligent and measured people I know, is unfortunately a Liverpool fan, and said this of Jordan Henderson: "he's playing really well at the moment, a bit like Xavi, but more dynamic. Actually, more like Iniesta."

Well done.

Such hilarious comparisons do tend to emerge from Liverpool affiliates. My flatmate, one of the most intelligent and measured people I know, is unfortunately a Liverpool fan, and said this of Jordan Henderson: "he's playing really well at the moment, a bit like Xavi, but more dynamic. Actually, more like Iniesta."

Well done.

Fucking hell.

Navas is a tidy wee player. I don't think he's gotten enough praise this season.

He's fast as fuck but looked a bit lightweight in his first few games. Recenlty though, he's shown that he has a bit of grit to him and his defensive work has been outstanding. He's even popping up with a few shots through the middle, which is something he didn't really get to do in Spain where he had to lash them from Sturridge angles. 

Edit: this post has nothing to do with anything, just an observation.

Edited by ca_gere

I could put this in the Something I learned today thread, but it will receive more appropriate viewing here. Today I found out that Sam Allardyce is the thirteenth highest paid football manager in the world.

IN THE WORLD. Top 30 gross annual salaries listed in the link. And it really is quite gross.

http://imgur.com/nU8ipUD

Reckon Allardici is next for the chop. They really are a poor team. Sam really has built something horrible down there. The striker situation is hilarious. They threw all their money at Andy Carroll, who's probably on better terms with the club physios than his team-mates at this point. Apparently they have Mladen Petric, who is really old, but looked pretty decent in spurts at Fulham last year, yet he's only came off the bench thrice this season. They're top-scoring striker is Can't Control -- I am legitimately amazed that this bloke still makes a living in the Premier League. Then they have Maiga, who I reckon is actually a pretty tidy player who just can't function in Sam's system.

The grimness of that club is summed-up quite well be Kevin Nolan. He's always been prone to rushes of blood to the head, but he's been sent-off twice recently for completely horrible, irrational, dangerous challenges. That doesn't exactly seem like the kind of thing Sam would look to crack down on either. 

Their saving grace has been their tight defence, and the performances of Morrison, Reid and Noble. 

Allardyce is the epitome of a one-dimensional manager. I believe they've started without a striker on a few occasions this season, because this chuff can't alter his system to accommodate decent players who aren't as good at hammer-throwing as Andy Carroll. I remember when he was at Newcastle, playing Shola and Oba Martins on the wings and N'Zogbia at left-back. He's a ludicrous human tree-stump with one idea and one idea alone of how the game should be played, and if he runs out of players for that limited system, then tough shit, Chris Samba's going up front.

Get Sam binned, then get Neil Lennon in, and watch West Ham's world burn. Perfect scenario.

Edited by Murrr
  • Upvote 1