aberdeen-music

Pitchfork Stream: Lockah / Taste Tester - U Don't Know Me (Reposted By The Fader)

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Pitchfork have premiered the first stream from my next EP, a collaboration between myself and Atlanta's Taste Tester. Full link here

homepage_large.f7f73a01.jpg

Lockah / Taste Tester "U Don't Know Me" Activia Benz By Larry FitzmauriceMay 30, 2013

Scottish producer Lockah is back, this time with Atlanta knob-twiddler Taste Tester in tow, for a new EP on Slugabed's Activia Benz label. The release is called Higher Learning, and it's out June 24 via AB's Bandcamp and July 1 via all other digital retailers. "U Don't Know Me" is a colorful slice of futuristic R&B with a particularly earwormy hook.

Edited by Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Nice follow-up post from XLR8R today - http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2013/05/lockah-and-taste-tester-announce

Lockah and Taste Tester Announce Collaborative EP, Share First Single

LockahxTasteTester053113.jpg

Aberdeen-based bass alchemist Lockah and Atlanta-bred house wizard Taste Tester have announced the forthcoming release of Higher Learning, a collaborative EP for Activia Benz.Both producers have mined old-school house and neon pop music for their own solo productions before, so a proper collaboration manages to not only make sense, but seems likely to have been in the works for quite some time. The forthcoming effort is set to offer four heavily hip-hop inspired originals and a pair of remixes from DJ Booth and Slick Shoota. Higher Learning is due on June 24 via Activia Benz' Bandcamp, and will hit all digital music providers on July 1. In the meantime, shimmering lead single "U Don't Know Me" is streaming below.

Edited by Tam o' Shantie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Tam o' Shantie

I'll never like this stuff, but the attention you are getting is really brilliant!  Especially from something as reputable as Pitchform.  Good job, buddy.

Thanks man. It does seem like 99% of the site users don't seem to grasp that stuff like Pitchfork features are a pretty serious deal. Either that or they simply don't care! Likewise with Tuff Wax a lot of the time, I guess.

Can I tell people I know you to seem cool?  I already do that with Aberdeen player Andrew Considine because he was the year above me at school. 

By all means, please do. It's good to give something back to the community, even if it is elavated social status through proxy cool-points! Out of interest have we actually met in person?

Your posting on a forum of mostly people in bands, we can all appreciated what your doing is brilliant, even if i think the music is horrible. There is no point in jumping into each of your threads to say as such. Good on you for what your doing man, but unless you know about your kinda music you probably dont know what Pitchfork is, i certainly dont, if its a big deal then all the better for you. Enjoy it all :) 

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Your posting on a forum of mostly people in bands, we can all appreciated what your doing is brilliant, even if i think the music is horrible. There is no point in jumping into each of your threads to say as such. Good on you for what your doing man, but unless you know about your kinda music you probably dont know what Pitchfork is, i certainly dont, if its a big deal then all the better for you. Enjoy it all :)

Cheers man, I do appreciate that folk don't feel the need to comment.

It's just a bit odd that folk don't know what Pitchfork is. Not really anything to do with electronic or club music in particular, it's simply the biggest 'indie' music site/magazine in the world, covering virtually all forms of music with any popular appeal. 

ANYWAY the press has actually been a little slow on this but hopefully there will be more come release date & the completion of the video for 'Higher' 

• Upvote 1