Larsen B

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Nice idea for a thread, this. OK, here goes:

Metallica (sucked since 1991)

Franz Ferdinand (a celebration of the banal)

Fugazi (they've so much to answer for, starting this revolting emo navel-gazing)

Jimmy Eat World (generic pop)

Napalm Death (see Metallica)

Slipknot

Black Flag (pretty good, but not the last word in HC, check out S.O.A., Rollins' first band)

That'll do for now.

-The grateful dead

-Slayer

-Black Sabbath

-Most of what is big just now with exception to Franz Ferdinand :up: Just cos what they do is slighty different and they have a good onstage persona (not that I buy it or anything...)

Can't think of any more just now

Don't really see how soundgarden managed to get on the list. Its not as if much is really said about them. Plus, Chris Cornell has one of the best voices in rock.

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

metallica (god help me if i hear them...)

led zeppelin (just because its old, doesn't make it good)

incubus (whine whine bitch and moan...with unimaginative imagery)

nirvana (find a NEW band already)

ac/dc (i never did get this one)

korn (*suppresses laughter*)

qotsa (hmm...one very good song)

foo fighters (they were good for about a year)

biffy (i love them, but they're not THAT amazing)

the offspring (don't get me started)

rancid (wake me up when this guy has something interesting to say)

nightwish (she can sing very beautifully...its just a pity about the rest)

there are probably many more

and as a reference point jakey, fugazi can't take all of the blame for starting the 'revolting emo navel-gazing', there were other contenders..what about rites of spring, far, sunny d?

Guest Nikola Tesla

Metallica

Avenged Sevenfold

Iron Maiden

Finch

Nirvana

99% of what gets passed of as inde now.

Agnostic front (if anyone actualy rates them)

Madball (same as above)

Brand New

Lucana coil

Nightwish

Evanesance (all above im jus sick of this goth rock stuff.)

NOFX and most other 'punk' bands that play the warped tour

that'll do for a while...

How can some of you people chose AC/DC and Metallica as some of the most over rated bands ever?

AC/DC are pure blues rock. They have a formula and they stick to it. Their first album still sounds fresh today. If it ain't broken, don't fix it!!

And Metallica? I see Jake's point about post '91 stuff, but they tried to move with the times. It must become tiresome playing Seek and Destroy and Creeping Death for 20 odd years. They haven't sold out. They could live a very comfortable life on the royalties for their early albums, but they carry on, probably cos they love what they do.

Jimi Hendrix? Come on people!! He made the guitar what it is today. Interesting that he would have rather be remembered for being a vocalist than a guitar player!!

For me, the most over rated has to be Foo Fighters. If Dave Grohl wasn't on Nirvana, do you think they would be respected?

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake
You can hardly talk Janine. It was a genuine question though. What did you mean by "find a new band"? Im not really bothered if you dont like them because no one does but what did you mean by the comment?

umm, if you're accusing me of being a trend-follower, i'd like to warn you to watch what you say.

and by the comment 'find a new band' i meant that nirvana have been gone for 10 years, they're never coming back, and they weren't that good to begin with. they started a genre which didn't deserve (in my opinion) to be considered decent music.

but then again, i'm just a trend follower, what do i know?

who the fuck said avenged sevenfold?

fuck off, how are they over-rated?! does anyone here really know all there stuff to a degree that they can say all the attention they are getting (which in my opinion doesn't exist) is over-rated.

umm' date=' if you're accusing me of being a trend-follower, i'd like to warn you to watch what you say.

and by the comment 'find a new band' i meant that nirvana have been gone for 10 years, they're never coming back, and they weren't that good to begin with. they started a genre which didn't deserve (in my opinion) to be considered decent music.

but then again, i'm just a trend follower, what do i know?[/quote']

yeh but why should that mean people can't like them? On them being overated, I think its the media who are the only ones that go on about them too much. I rarely hear people other than media praising Nirvana. Each to their own opinion though.

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

did i say people can't like them? i just expressed my opinion that i think they are overrated and there is better music than nirvana out there..

god...like what you want, they all figure it out in the end.

Avenged sevenfold are a bland modern day metalcore band.. end of.

well that may well be your opinion.

but to be over-rated, surely they must be under some lime-light or have some good press just now?

not liking them, doesn't make them over-rated.