aberdeen-music

Hand Built Custom Tele.

Steviepearce

Ok here it goes,

I am interested in trying to swap my Hand Built custom tele that a luthier friend of mine made a while back.

I am only interested in swapping for a strat. Would have to be a fender the only alternative would be a classic vibe squire. I am not interested in anything else just a strat.

This guitars spec is super high and the set up is to die for, first person to play this neck will want it, i am sad writing this but i want a strat that much. Ok spec is as follows. 

1 Piece swamp ash body

2 x Fender USA 1980's humbucker pickups, same as in an 80's Jaguar made famous by Kurt Cobain. 

Wd licensed neck 7 1/4 radius neck.

Gotoh tuners

Thats obviously just the main details. Add the prices up and that is one pricey guitar.

Email for pictures or more information. 

Again no offers of money or other guitars. Only interested in a Strat. 

Stevie

• 1 month later...

I'm personally not interested in the guitar, but with anything hand build, or non-standard at all, you're going to have much more luck if you post pictures. To do so, you need to sign up to photobucket or any image hosting site, even facebook will work, upload the pics there and post links here.

xx

Cheers for advice. It does state tho if you want pictures just email me and i will send them which other people have done. Just as easy.

I totally understand where you're coming from there man, but as Keeno said, you can scroll past and just see the word "tele" and think "meh, pass". But if you see a glossy picture of a shiny, sexy tele then it'll often get the juices flowing and arouse more interest. I speak as a man who has bought more than my share of gear based on taking a fancy to something I've seen a pretty picture of!!

xx

The guitar is actually really nice, I have played it and it sounds and feels great to me. I like the natural ash body and the action on this thing is fantastic if you like it nice n low with no buzz. If I had the cash I'd have it. I'm not this mans sales Guy btw lol. Genuine comments

Edited by robkevertson

• 1 month later...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98497448@N04/

There you go some pictures. 

1 piece solid swamp ash body, 

Through body bridge

Gotoh Tuners,

Oak switches

Fender USA wide range humbucker pickups,

Wd licensed maple neck. 

wow beautifull job, reminds me a bit of the Dave Kilminster John Suhr Tele

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmamPeOlMMqqtDH41Lb5fQRAqHO7tH2Pp9gRukbHrr0IlOXirB

That would be criminal. Someone buy this guitar!

Not really for me. There is someone selling the same body on ebay for 200 so by the time I sell off the neck, pick ups, tuners etc, I will get what I want or even more but be nice for others to have a complete guitar.

Edited by Steviepearce

My apologies, the neck pickup on the Jaguar was actually a Dimarzio PAF, not a super distortion.

http://www.iconicguitar.com/2009/11/kurt-cobain-1965-jaguar.html

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070825174320AA5V9HJ

from http://www.kurtsequipment.com -

Kurt's main guitar during the Nevermind era was a 1965 sunburst (red faded out) Fender Jaguar (41), serial # 95747 (59). Had a red-swirl mother-of-bowling-ball pickguard (seen many 15), 2 volume knobs,1 tone knob, and a black chrome Schaller bridge (57)(41). There was tape covering (what used to be) the on/off and phase switches. These three switches were replaced with a Gibson-style toggle switch (15)(59). Full-sized humbuckers reside in both the bridge and neck positions, the neck being a DiMarzio PAF and the bridge a DiMarzio Super Distortion (57)(41) until the In Utero tour when it was replaced with a black Duncan JB. This guitar was purchased (already modified) through the "L.A. Recycler" (info on source at 45) around the time prior to recording "Nevermind" (57). The Jag had an incorrect decal under the lacquer. It had an anvil-type flight case for a while. This wasn't the guitar Kurt claimed to baby. According to Earnie Bailey, Kurt never polished it. To quote Earnie from Chris' FAQ, "He NEVER polished the thing! It was disgusting. "Lithium" video it hits the stage hard (seen 46). In Rio (seen 13) it gets soaked in cantaloupe juice and seeds (thrown by Earnie), then dropped onto the camera rails when Kurt is spitting on the camera" (41). It looks like this guitar actually had 3 strap buttons, the odd-placed one being on the other horn (15). The straplocks on this were Schallers, but initially they were rubber washers from Grolsch beer bottles. "A lot of bands use this old trick," says Earnie (59). The Jaguar was especially seen on tours circa 1991 (seen 19, 22, 10). It was also played by Eric Erlandson in Hole's "Doll Parts" music video (seen 23)(41). Pic #2 (note the toggle switch), Pic #3, Pic #4.

That's his model, they were taken from a 80's fender replica of his the fender didn't come with dimarzios just one's fender put in. I didn't shoot him then steal his pickups. :-) bad taste. Not sure. Think it's too soon.

Fender didn't make USA Jaguars in the 80's - there were some late 80's (88 onwards I think) ones made in Japan - but they never had humbuckers in. Not sure Fender made any Jags with 'buckers until the fixed bridge ones in the 2000's

Anyway - kind of irrelevant, i'm sure your pickups sound decent.

That's what I was told when I got them so don't really know. Took my mates word for it as he was building the guitar. Maybe they ain't out of a jag I just thought that so skip past the kurt cobain reference and all I know by looking at them is that they are fenders. It's not going anywhere anytime soon anyway so maybe can upgrade at some point. The pickups are very trashy sounding.