aberdeen-music

Xbox One

Teabags

• 1 month later...

I'm waiting patiently for the Half life 3 steam box announcement. 

I'm finding myself quite underwhelmed about the next gen consoles. Sure they have fancy graphics and some semi-decent launch titles but they just seem to be lacking something. Asides from the graphics and new games there isn't actually much innovation from either of them.

You can try and get one to beta test by following the instructions here - http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamMachines/

• 4 weeks later...

Xbox one is running games at upscaled 720p.  That's not good I thought they'd done a good job after the initial awful announcement of bringing themselves back in the race.

With PS4 running at 1080p that's a big win for playstation.

I think, from memory, the XBOne is capable of 1080p as well though PS4 is pushing for better resolutions from the start.

I think, from memory, the XBOne is capable of 1080p as well though PS4 is pushing for better resolutions from the start.

Yeah it is, think the cap'n is referring to COD:Ghosts which is only going to run at 780p upscaled on Xbone.  Would assume that's a development decision rather than a hardware restriction - though you'd have to ask why they can't get it running at 1080 on the Xbone when they can on the PS4.

I had a horrible dream last night that my 360 red ringed and I had to commit to buying one of the new consoles at launch.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, does anyone actually have an XBone?

I got one for the missus, and she loves it. It came with a free download of FIFA 14 too. Swag. It looks pretty slick. I'm really shit at it though. Slide tackles don't work like they used to on FIFA 11. I had Lukaku sent off after 30 accelerated minutes, for two neck breaking lunges. Oops.

My GT is EmployedSatsuma, if anyone wants an easy win.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...