aberdeen-music

Xbox One

Teabags

At least they are listening to what people have to say I suppose. They were crazy ideas though. The 24 hour check in still blows my mind. I don't understand why it was ever deemed necessary. What purpose did it serve? It still needs to be registered and set up online before you can use it though. 

At least they are listening to what people have to say I suppose. They were crazy ideas though. The 24 hour check in still blows my mind. I don't understand why it was ever deemed necessary. What purpose did it serve? It still needs to be registered and set up online before you can use it though. 

"listening to what people had to say" AKA doing what Sony are doing so that they don't royally fuck themselves, and not actually giving a fuck about people's opinions.

• Upvote 2

Part of me thinks it could have been a very smart marketing ploy. Now they look like the good guys, it makes PS4's boasting look stupid as they were making a big deal of being better than Microsoft because of it, and the Xbox one now certainly looks the better option. 

PS4 can have all the fancy parts it wants, they will never beat the Xbox for games. The few things it was looking more appealing for are now gone. 

Lets not kid about anyway, some geek would have gotten round it all in the first few days of release. 

Edited by The Milner

Part of me thinks it could have been a very smart marketing ploy. Now they look like the good guys, it makes PS4's boasting look stupid as they were making a big deal of being better than Microsoft because of it, and the Xbox one now certainly looks the better option. 

PS4 can have all the fancy parts it wants, they will never beat the Xbox for games. The few things it was looking more appealing for are now gone. 

Lets not kid about anyway, some geek would have gotten round it all in the first few days of release. 

I see it completely the other way. Especially after that idiot from Xbox's bullshit on Twitter. Now they just look like they're backed into a corner and didn't have the monopoly they thought they had so have to adhere to what Sony are doing. And it's still more expensive. And most of the big titles are all cross platform anyway.

Still thinking PS4, adn I was an Xbox fanboy.

• Upvote 2

I guess it can be seen both ways, the bottom line is they have listened and now the Xbox looks much more appealing. 

Saying all this, i prob wont buy either, not at the start anyway, still pinning my hopes on the Steambox being worth it before deciding. I certainly wont be buying both and xbox and a steambox. 

I, too, would like to see more about the Steambox. I love Steam. My biggest gripe is NHL hasn't been on PC since 09, so will it get ported?

I guess I'll be missing out on Forza 5 as well.

Id imagine if they get it up and running they will try and port most of the big consol titles not already on pc. Would make sense for someone like Valve to try and push that through. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm waiting patiently for the Half life 3 steam box announcement. 

I'm finding myself quite underwhelmed about the next gen consoles. Sure they have fancy graphics and some semi-decent launch titles but they just seem to be lacking something. Asides from the graphics and new games there isn't actually much innovation from either of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thing is, i guess there is only so far they can push them at the moment, which is why Microsoft have pushed the entertainment center thing more. The one thing Xbox did try and push got slated so much they back tracked on it, so it is pretty much just an update on the 360 with a few more apps added on. Even the Steam box wont break any boundaries, it will just making playing Steam games a lot easier than it currently is. I dont think we will see any leaps in gaming technology, that is affordable for households, for at least 5 years. 

Edited by The Milner

Probably not, but people just like outrage, anything they can do to try and kick up a fuss, which is why this all happened. I think i could count on one hand the number of games i have borrowed or learnt out in the past 10 years, i cannot imagine im alone, yet the outcry when they announced it would make you think folk only trade games and never buy new ones. 

Have you rented any games from Blockbuster or got the Love Film game thing going on?

If so that would have been affected as well due to the whole protection thing, unless they had special copies of games for the rental market, such like rental dvd's have the trailers you can't skip.

Have you rented any games from Blockbuster or got the Love Film game thing going on?

If so that would have been affected as well due to the whole protection thing, unless they had special copies of games for the rental market, such like rental dvd's have the trailers you can't skip.

To be honest the last thing I rented was probably a video tape!

• 3 weeks later...