aberdeen-music

Xbox One

Teabags

IGN have gathered everything they know here - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-what-we-do-and-dont-know

I'm quite intrigued by it as a media centre, but the whole tv thing seems to be restricted to USA for the launch, and it seems to use HDMI out to get the tv signal to use, also the 500GB hard drive isn't really going to last long seeing as you have to store the games on the drive and they are using BlueRay.

I think if Sony announce that the PS4 can be connected directly to tv ariel (like the playtv attachment they released for the PS3) and can be used as a dvr with the capability to install a bigger hard drive, then I'll try and go for that.

Edited by MattJimF

I hate that they are trying to eradicate re-selling games. I also hate that it requires Kinect. Is that going to be built in or do you still have to pay for it? I also hate that it's not backwards compatible.

They are not as far as i can tell, infact the opposite, the rumor i have read is they will have an online store through the xbox for buying and selling second hand games. The kinect will be there, but you wont have to use it. The backwards compatibility thing is a cunt tho.

Still think ill get a Steambox instead of this. 

Hardware wise this and the PS4 are so similar that it really will come down to the games.  Whatever exclusive franchises they have because both will have the usual junk FIFA, COD, Battlefield etc.

The RAM on the PS4 looks like it'll be GDDR5 whereas the Xbox One will be DDR3. The RAM in the PS4 is quite a bit faster if i remember correctly.

The gaming part of it doesn't seem that much better. It seems that it's much more being pushed as a media hub than a games console. Looking at all the stuff about it on Xbox live the gaming bit is almost an afterthought. I guess the idea of hooking up your Sky box to it is that eventually the Xbox controller will be the only controller you need. You can play DVDs and Blu Rays on it, connect up your satellite, it switches on your tv for to when you say "Xbox on", it'll probably have built in volume control, boom, no more remote controls.

The RAM on the PS4 looks like it'll be GDDR5 whereas the Xbox One will be DDR3. The RAM in the PS4 is quite a bit faster if i remember correctly.

Yeah the RAM is different and the PS4 will be better off. 

Both are going with 8 core processors and their also both going with AMD graphics processors which they are saying will be heavily linked to their processors.

I think Xbox/Microsoft really missed a trick with the announcement.  Playstations 'announcement' a while ago was terrible they showed us a controller, not much in terms of technical details and nothing about launch titles/future games etc.

Microsoft could have stolen a huge lead in terms of interest if instead of telling us about all the tv features of this xbox1 and instead announcing some exclusive games for launch and some original IP.

• 3 weeks later...

There'll be import duty and increased transport costs to get them here min - it's not cheap to get kit to the UK. At least there's something off the price - most music stuff they just change the dollar sign to a pound sign.

And give Microsoft a break, it's not easy being an enormous evil technology company these days. You'll be banging on about them not paying tax or releasing programs that don't work properly next!!

Also the US price doesn't include tax which the UK one does.