aberdeen-music

anyone see noel and ian brwon on johnathan ross tonight?

johnnyboy

anyone see noel on johnathan ross tonight it was funny as fuck ! it was about oasis ten years carear and noel played guitar for ian brown's new single which is amazing.It would be amazing for the roses to get back together again!

tim robbins was better, and no it wouldn't they all hate each other.

Just like Morrissey, Noel acted like a total ass to Jonathon. these indie types clearly think they look "cool" by acting like that to chat show hosts (if you dont like them, dont fucking go on them) Noel isnt the sex pistols...or even Ian brown, so he shouldn't try and act like them. I think he came off looking like a bitter and unfunny past it old git. Maybe he should concentrate on writing a good album for the first time in nearly a decade

To be fair, I never saw that Jonathan Ross episode but however much I don't like Oasis now, Noel is a genuinely funny guy. He probably can be an arse when he wants to be but he was funny as fuck on Soccer AM this weekend... Stories of Mani (Ex-Stone Roses/Now Primal Scream) passing a phone round a room leaving voice messages at 4 in the morning saying "Have you got the right to buy Your council house?"

Magic, no matter what you say. And the guy's music is shit now!

anyone see noel on johnathan ross tonight it was funny as fuck !

Yeah' date=' It was feckin' funny. :laughing:

noel played guitar for ian brown's new single which is amazing.

I think it sounds like an average Oasis album track with Ian warbaling over it, I wonder how many takes he does in the studio to get the whole vocal in tune? o_O

It would be amazing for the roses to get back together again!

No it wouldn't. As much as I love the Stone Roses I think it would be a mistake. I can't think offhand of any reformed bands that have released a great studio album, and a big tour would probably be very embarrasing judging by the late Roses live bootlegs I've heard and Ian's 'unpredictable' live vocal form.

I don't think Ian or Mani have any real incentive to reform after their post-Roses success anyway.

The Stone Roses had their time. They made some fucking fantastic music. Let's move on. :up:

ian brown walked past me outside slots-of-fun on chapel street recently - and thats not a joke or a mistake' date=' others saw him too. weird.[/quote']

He recently played a gig of Roses songs with Fool's Gold, the tribute band (I think they are Aberdeen based?) so presumably he would have to rehearse with them. He could have been in town for that. Pure guesswork though.

I met him on Union Street a few years ago (along with half of Aberdeen) after his gig at the Music Hall. Seemed like a sound enough bloke.