aberdeen-music

Effects Pedal Power Recommendations?

Graham

I'm using a T-Rex Fuel tank Junior. I use individual isolated sockets to power my 3 dirt pedals as well as my tremolo as it's used as a sort of gain pedal too. All the modulation pedals (and there are many) are on a daisy chain from the tuner. It's pretty buzz free, all things considered.

You need to get one that has isolated outputs, that will sort the buzz problems. I've got a T-Rex Fuel Tank Chameleon which are expensive but if you keep an eye you might get a good deal second hand. These are one of the things that are worth spending money on, despite feeling like they don't do much.

They are definitely worth it. They as others say isolate each input and give you no worries with buzz or hum. Remember though no matter what supply you use, a lot of pedals out there need certain power demands and draw a lot of milliamps. Strymon pedals for example need to run on a specific 2 inputs of certain power supplies like the pedal power as they draw up to 300ma each. Before you commit to a new power supply check out the ratings for your pedals. Voodoo labs forums has a section detailing that and what pedals need what.

They are definitely worth it. They as others say isolate each input and give you no worries with buzz or hum. Remember though no matter what supply you use, a lot of pedals out there need certain power demands and draw a lot of milliamps. Strymon pedals for example need to run on a specific 2 inputs of certain power supplies like the pedal power as they draw up to 300ma each. Before you commit to a new power supply check out the ratings for your pedals. Voodoo labs forums has a section detailing that and what pedals need what.

Agreed - Voodoo Labs also sell a range of current and voltage doubling, splitting and reverse polarity cables. I use all three for various pedals and they work a treat. The Voodoo labs guys are really good at coming back if you ask them specific questions on harder to power pedals.

I'm using a T-Rex Fuel tank Junior. I use individual isolated sockets to power my 3 dirt pedals as well as my tremolo as it's used as a sort of gain pedal too. All the modulation pedals (and there are many) are on a daisy chain from the tuner. It's pretty buzz free, all things considered.

I have the T.Rex Fuel Tank Chameleon and it's great, though the noise levels from my Morley Bad Horsie do depend on the distance between it and the PSU (the farther away the better). All pedals - dirt (it changes on a weekly basis :)  ), tuner, wah and delay - are connected individually to the PSU.

Thanks for the responses!   

This might be a really silly question but what do you mean by making sure they are plugged into the same power source?  I usually have my pedal adaptors plugged into a 4 way and plug the amp straight into the wall.  Do you mean I should plug the amp into the 4 way as well? 

Also what is the deal with daisy chaining the pedals?  I power one pedal from my tuner just now (a boost pedal) but could I get away with more? 

Thanks for the responses!   

This might be a really silly question but what do you mean by making sure they are plugged into the same power source?  I usually have my pedal adaptors plugged into a 4 way and plug the amp straight into the wall.  Do you mean I should plug the amp into the 4 way as well? 

Also what is the deal with daisy chaining the pedals?  I power one pedal from my tuner just now (a boost pedal) but could I get away with more? 

I'd try plugging your amp into the 4 way too. Might clear things up without trying anything else.