aberdeen-music

Volunteers required!

Neil

With my flat move complete and my holiday over it is now time to turn my attention back to aberdeen-music.com. As many of you have no doubt noticed the moderation and administration of this web site has been severely lacking in the last month or so and especially in the last couple of weeks. This has lead to numerous problems including significant delays in new registrations becoming activated, forums not being moderated, events not getting added to the public calendar and technical problems and queries not being replied to and addressed. For all this I sincerely apologise but for the most part it has been out-with my control.

These recent problems have proved to be a painful reminder of addressing one particular issue. That issue is the lack of volunteers on board to help me out with the daily running of this web site. In fact, this issue is now so bad that there is in fact no aberdeen-music.com staff except for myself! And so I must address this as soon as possible.

Here is the deal. I need three volunteers to help me out with running this web site. The tasks you would likely get delegated would be forum moderation, calendar administration, new registration screening and maybe other more technical tasks yet to be decided. I would ask that anyone wishing to put their name forward meets the following basic requirements:

1. They are 18 years old or over.

2. They have their own connection to the Internet (i.e. they don't just have access to the Internet via work or University etc.)

3. They are a registered member on this web site (duh) and access this web site on a daily basis.

4. They don't already perform a similar role on another online community web site (I need to know you will be committed to aberdeen-music.com).

5. Have the interests of the local music scene and Aberdeen's online community at heart.

6. You are considered to be a member of good standing on this web site. i.e. You haven't been banned or warned about your behaviour on the forums.

This is a volunteer role and so, like me, you don't get paid and have to do this in your own spare time (or sneakily do it when you should be working!). In saying that, if your application is successful, then you would become a Staff member and automatically get access to the private Staff forum and get all the same perks that the Supporters and Sponsors get. If successful, you also get the joy of being berated by other forum members for being a moderator. :)

If you want to apply then please send me a private message only even if you have PM or e-mailed me in the past. And let me know why you think you would be a good staff member and the kind of things you would like to see yourself responsible for doing on this web site.

The final decision of who gets made a staff member is mine and mine alone. I'll post a further announcement when the three new staff members have been decided.

Good luck!