aberdeen-music

Daemons - Fram Ep: Kickstarter Project Launched

framheim

Thanks for your post Claire. As I've discussed with Jan and ewan privately, my issue isn't questioning my decisions but questioning my motives. I felt I've been open throughout and it hurt to be accused of defrauding people. That is what I felt was trolling.

On the price point, it doesn't just come down to overheads of course and advice was sought and research carried out. I definitely don't ignore criticism and the price took into account someone mentioning on here that setting it far lower would have been unfair on those who backed at the premium reward level. While I disagree with you on the price that doesn't mean I'm ignoring the critique.

I don't understand the surprise that a project to release a record then how'd to evolve into a label. Isn't that an obvious thing to do if this record is successful?

Anyway,I genuinely appreciate the feedback and I'm sorry this thread has been derailed. Ewan and I have settled our difference,he was joking and I took it to heart.

This project has been a rollercoaster and I'm ridiculously happy with the results. Feedback so far is that the record looks and sounds great and hopefully it'll be on sale in art galleries, record shops and other retailers soon. Of course I hope to sell all the copies, just cross those fingers!

• Upvote 1

Also, I highly recommend kickstarter. Aside from the negative responses you get for using it,it is a brilliant alternative to traditional funding streams such as creative Scotland or banks,and has led to some amazing experiences and my record reaching people in the states.

First post on this site in months, but I have to say I agree with all of the points Ewan made. The two Officers just dismissing him as trolling when he made genuine points and asked relevant questions is absolutely baffling.

First post on this site in months, but I have to say I agree with all of the points Ewan made. The two Officers just dismissing him as trolling when he made genuine points and asked relevant questions is absolutely baffling.

I did write a post responding to this but fuck it.  Dave and Ewan have sorted this out so I don't know why you even felt you had to chip in here after it had been laid to bed.

Hey Craig, I thought I'd already explained this so not sure what's baffling about it.