aberdeen-music

Daemons - Fram Ep: Kickstarter Project Launched

framheim

That is fantastic.

Extra track on the EP or a completely separate project?

it'll be a separate project, initially just one track as that's what's been commissioned.  i'll speak to the museum to see if they'd want to make it available but the idea behind that reward is that it's an exclusive track for the backer.

Great stuff Dave! Really glad for you here.

Again sorry if i kicked things off in your thread!

no need to apologise, people are perfectly entitled to criticise, ask questions and have different ideas about kickstarter.

I'm amazed it's taken off quite so well but utterly delighted.  It's been a pretty crazy couple of weeks so far.

If you don't reach the target, what is your plan?

I'm pretty positive about reaching the target, but if I don't I'd probably speak to the Fram museum about sponsoring mastering costs and just go for a digitial download.  If that wasn't possible the release would be delayed by some time while I scrape the cash together to get it mastered by the dude i'm looking at, or I get it mastered by someone else.  Either way it would kill the vinyl plan at this stage.

Alternatively I could approach other labels to see if they'd be interested in helping put out the vinyl version. 

I'd still look to doing other releases by different artists in the future and I was already planning some shows before the kickstarter which will hopefully still happen later this year.  There's plenty of options and the kickstarter campaign has been nothing but encouraging so no matter what happens i'll be making some noise with other people.  The whole point of this project is just to draw attention to experimental sounds and try and build an audience up here for it. 

• Upvote 1

I'm glad you reached your goal, well done. Persistence obviously pays off... ;)

What happens with the excess cash? You say you're keen to start a label of sorts, what happens when it comes to pressing a record for them? Will that require Kickstarter-style funding also?

QUESTIONS! :up:

Hopefully I won't be doing a kickstarter for every release!  Some will be digital only and some will be vinyl.  No real plan at the moment but I just want to get some music by ace people out there.  Obviously any copies of this which are sold now will be creating money for the label which can go into future releases or promotion.  It's all about getting music out there. 

• 3 months later...

Any news on how this is progressing?

Did you generate more cash than you needed for this pressing?

:up:

yo, test pressings arrived last week but there's a fault that needs corrected so it's hit a small delay while they work that out (apparently from the lacquer cutting).  Pressing ended up a little over what I raised but that's fine.  Other than the wee delay it's all going well; master sounded great and the test pressing also sounded pretty awesome :)

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...