aberdeen-music

Dr Who Series 7B (New)

jester1470

Well did people enjoy it ?

Well I have to say I rather enjoyed that one a lot. I'm really enjoying Clara, love the new Tardis and felt that one was a proper Who episode, where he did what he had to win through and it all made sense. With that and the news announced today about the 50th I think it's going to be a great year :)

It had a few positives and a couple of negatives. 

Obviously the Great Intelligence is the story arc here and will be a factor in Clara's fate. It's a good story arc, and I don't know how it'll pan out.

It's interesting that there was so much focus on the book, written by Amy Pond. Was that just a nod or will it have more profound meaning?

The premise was shit.

Clara was very good, though she was a little bit showy when she entered the tardis for the first time. It didn't feel like a natural reaction but she's a great character.

I really loved the first one as mentioned, but this one really was more than a bit crap. Plot didn't make much sense, some interesting ideas about the alien religion etc, but used very clunkily and didn't hold up, was this the worst episode of nu-Who yet ? Let's just say i think it'll be making close friends with Victory of the Daleks at the bottom of the polls.

• 1 month later...

Great ending episode to the season, not to mention a whole new story for the 50th. Loved the visits to the Dr's timeline and great to see each Dr referenced, loved seeing them all and the tribute to the worst cliff hanger in Who history from McCoy's Dragonfire, some lovely references to past Who, especially the unpopular stuff like mentioning the Valeyard... through that's a bit of a spoiler for anyone who hasn't yet seen Trial of a Timelord...

These recent episodes have been disappointing overall imo. Stephen Moffat seems too intent on aiming for a clever story arc and has sacrificed the strength of the individual episodes. 

I've thought they were really good, I thought Rings of Akhatan and Journey to the Centre of Tardis were pretty poor but the others were all good, I don;t really get this thing about a clever story line because I just don't see that much of it is that clever, the backstory with Clara was really not a defining feature until the last episode and the rest were just sci-fi stories albeit with a lot more back references to original Who, which is to be expected in the 50th year.