aberdeen-music

Timewasters Wanted - Only Serious Timewasters Please

getbacktothatguy

International local band want members to schedule meetup for jams. It is essential that the arrangements are made puntually and imperative that the players do not in fact meet eachother.

We want to create the greatest of the great bands that almost never were.

You will be open minded but we are willing to allow such open-mindedness to be just a gossamer thin veil over what is just a list of your 3 favourite artists in your mind.

As age is irrelevant to musical aptitude we ask that over 25s be prepared to sign a contract to have themselves expired before 30 in whatever scenario the band finds fitting at the time.

Only drunken 4 am replies made on your one day off work while the wife n kids is are sleping, and you are entertaining thoughts of materialising those musical dreams washed onto your younger brain when you were too young to have objective grasps at reality, will be accepted.

• Upvote 7

International local band want members to schedule meetup for jams. It is essential that the arrangements are made puntually and imperative that the players do not in fact meet eachother.

We want to create the greatest of the great bands that almost never were.

You will be open minded but we are willing to allow such open-mindedness to be just a gossamer thin veil over what is just a list of your 3 favourite artists in your mind.

As age is irrelevant to musical aptitude we ask that over 25s be prepared to sign a contract to have themselves expired before 30 in whatever scenario the band finds fitting at the time.

Only drunken 4 am replies made on your one day off work while the wife n kids is are sleping, and you are entertaining thoughts of materialising those musical dreams washed onto your younger brain when you were too young to have objective grasps at reality, will be accepted.

I'd be up for this. Do you have a logo design? I can only commit to a logo that I like. I can't tell you what kind of logo I would like though. Also I can only practice when I'm offshore. I like shellac, Blazin' squad and R.Kelly. I play barry-tone guitar and H.A.R.P.

PM me. I won't read it.

• Upvote 4

I'd be up for this. Do you have a logo design? I can only commit to a logo that I like. I can't tell you what kind of logo I would like though. Also I can only practice when I'm offshore. I like shellac, Blazin' squad and R.Kelly. I play barry-tone guitar and H.A.R.P.

PM me. I won't read it.

Sidca? too polished and mainstream.

• Upvote 2

I'll have a think and get back to you. Also, I was maybe a bit too definite in the name of the band BTW. If you don't fancy LOL then TBH, I could live with BTW OVNO. If we can argue about a name for a while before we do anything else that would suit my schedule......but for me it would have to be a set of letters in BLOCK CAPITALS - RSVP?

I'm only interested in joining if someone else plays the drums for me, i dont want to have to learn any songs, i just want to say im part of a band, that doesnt really exist. My replacement also wont be expected to learn any songs, you will have to learn to play with him, but he wont practise, it will have to be telapathic learning, if your not evolved to that level, me and my replacement are out. Quite frankly, unless you can already play the TOOL back catalogue without hearing the originals, even tho i hate the band, im out. 

• Upvote 1

I'll play drums for you? I'm actually a pianist, but the technique I use is pretty much identical to any drummer's. I'd say my skills are transferable. Only thing is I can't practice Monday to Friday since I work late and Sunday is a no too depending on how much studying I get done.

I'm only interested in joining if someone else plays the drums for me, i dont want to have to learn any songs, i just want to say im part of a band, that doesnt really exist. My replacement also wont be expected to learn any songs, you will have to learn to play with him, but he wont practise, it will have to be telapathic learning, if your not evolved to that level, me and my replacement are out. Quite frankly, unless you can already play the TOOL back catalogue without hearing the originals, even tho i hate the band, im out. 

I can feel an unwanted legend being aborted at the 24th week here people!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading this with disinterest.....still not interested. I could agree to meet up with you lot sometime in the future, but will probably never be tied down to a time or place. To be honest, I think you guys are too serious for me...some have even posted at least twice on this thread......way too much commitment if you ask me.

BTW. I play air guitar pretty well and only miss a couple of those tricky high notes when I can't be bothered standing up to play.

Please don't PM for futher details

Edited by britheguy

I can play bass for you! haven't really played for last 5 years but I believe that I pick up stuff fast! my bass is at my parrents, down the south so I have no instrument but that's not a problem, another thing I'm going offshore in 2 days, coming back in 3 weeks time but going on holiday straight after so should be good for jamming in about 6 weeks, maybe..as I play golf a lot so busy with that most of the time. I'm a right man for the job! Can't wait to get jamming! Just to let you know you can't text me or phone me as I lost my phone last weekend.. and!Forgot to say, I'm moving away with work abroad but that shouldn't happen sooner then in 3months time. Can't wait to fucking rockkkk man!

I'm keen like, I have a fully kitted practise room, PA. drums i got from the local church they were getting rid of. I found a old sofa in great condition on the lairg road. Also my other half who love bon jovi has her karaoke thing set up so we can do impromptu jams LOL she also is good at making the brews.

currently having work done and need to have the mains electric sorted as a extention cable keeps shorting. hoping new members could help toward the cost of this. Think of all the money we will save :) anyways give me a shout I live in Keith ...

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...