aberdeen-music

Blocked Users

Skubbs

If I've blocked someone, I really don't want to be reminded of their existence, so is the "you have blocked blah blah, view anyway?" option seems pretty pointless.  Is that something I can disable, or do I just have to put up with it?

The really annoying thing is that the person who you have blocked posts will appear to you if someone quotes them.

The seeing when they post doesn't really bother me, it's just the unwanted appearance of chat that you've purposely blocked. The old forum software just elimanated blocked users, including posts where people quoted them, it was glorious.

I don't think it did actually. There is nothing you can do about people quoting blocked users unfortunately.

And to the original poster, I think this is just something you have to put up with I'm afraid.

I've never understood blocking people anyway, does it not just ruin the flow of threads etc, not knowing who's replying to who and all that stuff?

In the old forum software it also blocked quotes of your blocked person so you would just see the reply from whoever was arguing with them and not the drivel the blocked person was posting.  So it was pretty easy to just ignore posts you could tell were responding to that person.

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.