aberdeen-music

Modelling Amp Ideas?

Guest Young Adolesent

Guest Young Adolesent

Thanks, i was thinking about the mustang but never had tried them ill give it a look, ive never heard of the yamaha ill look into that too. It dont have to be a modeling amp could just have clean and over drive i dont mind but thanks ill definately look into both

In my experience, Line 6 amps are pretty terrible.  Avoid.

Considering your apparent high turnover of gear, I would caution that hybrid amps are an absolute ballache to sell on.  Buying new, you'll be lucky to recoup anywhere near 50% of what you pay if you decide you want to upgrade.

Edited by Old Gold
  • Upvote 1

Guest Young Adolesent

why?

I wouldnt gig one, but for home, they're superb.

no i just hate them all toghether. Too electronicy unlike most modeling amps where its like an actuall pedal or amp effect

no i just hate them all toghether. Too electronicy unlike most modeling amps where its like an actuall pedal or amp effect

You know Roland is the parent company of Boss, the pedal manufacturers?

Let us know what types of music you're playing.  It would help in recommending something you'll find useful.

TBH I think forking out for a decent multi FX then spending the slack in the budget on an amp might be a good idea. Means that when you want to upgrade your amp you'll lose less money, and also means that if you move into a gigging situation you'd be able to plug in your board and have all your pre-tweaked sounds ready to go.

xx

Thanks, i was thinking about the mustang but never had tried them ill give it a look, ive never heard of the yamaha ill look into that too. It dont have to be a modeling amp could just have clean and over drive i dont mind but thanks ill definately look into both

If you just want a practice sized amp, a Champ 600 and a boost pedal would come in under budget and give you loads of creamy Fender tone.............

Since you've ruled some brands out- and if you're wanting more volume- I'd give a hard look at the Mustangs.

Guest Young Adolesent

If you just want a practice sized amp, a Champ 600 and a boost pedal would come in under budget and give you loads of creamy Fender tone.............

Since you've ruled some brands out- and if you're wanting more volume- I'd give a hard look at the Mustangs.

thanks guys gave me a lot to think about you may be right to buy a budget amp and buy pedals if not the mustang is the way to go