aberdeen-music

Any feedback on the following (recorded at the lockup!) appreciated!!!

threeornothing

Hey there!!

Just trying to get a bit of early feedback on a new band I've started....the band sort of fell into place during a side project and seems to be working ok, just wondering what peoples ideas are...

The tracks are a bit rough, we just recorded them at the lock up on one of these...

t20.JPG.....its not quite a Pro Tools setup ;)

See what you reckon, #1 has a bad mix, #2 is ok, and #3 has poor performance, but have a listen :up:

Thanks...

they have a massive wash of sense field all over then with a touch of hot water music/jimmy eat world lurking about and the aftertaste of maybe fugazi in places.record vocals and bloody well commit to something would you! not a dig, just do something off your own back and live with it and while i'm typing drop of my cd's please?!!

Haha steve returns! ;) Hear I've missed some emails over the past few years' date=' ....drop me a PM with a location of a drop off point for the long over due CD's!!!!!!

I know what you mean....guess I try and please too many people at once, and others suffer as a result....:( happened with eradicate/spleen/toxik etc.....[/quote']

you've missed many you cunt!

pm me your home number and i'll give you a bell and shout you a beer( if you fancy).

They're really pleasing sir - remind me of quite a few bands without being far too much like any of them :up:

I'd go along with that.

It doesn't seem to be anything new, but then that's why I love AC/DC!

I'd certainly go and see you live, and probably buy a CD too. Unless the vocals end up being really annoying or something. Actually that's a good point, don't fuck these up with pretend American vocals, like a lot of bands seem to do.

really nice sound and a lot better than the qual on most of those horrid sounding locally made eps

the tunes / stylee are very Dinosaur Junior with a few Husker Du moments...good in other words.....I likes em!

interesting to see if you get the vocals to really set it off, I agree that American styled emo-grunge-punk ones could sound total cliche, maybe a real crooner would sound good, epecuially over all the melancholic wee melodies in the songs......just my thoughts

:up:

Haha! Thanks, and good points folks, theres been a few bust ups in the band as to how the vocals should sound....singing in a pop punk band for 2 years, my vocals tend to be leering that way but the other guys ain't going to let me off with that....although their ideas are like a more lifeless Ian Curtis (if you can imagine such a thing), we've talked about bringing in a singer, but I just hate being on stage with a guitar when I don't have a mic aswell....watch this space...

Haha! Thanks' date=' and good points folks, theres been a few bust ups in the band as to how the vocals should sound....singing in a pop punk band for 2 years, my vocals tend to be leering that way but the other guys ain't going to let me off with that....although their ideas are like a more lifeless Ian Curtis (if you can imagine such a thing), we've talked about bringing in a singer, but I just hate being on stage with a guitar when I don't have a mic aswell....watch this space...[/quote']

JD are my fourth favourite band, so I'm possibly being a little biased, but definitely go for Ian Curtis rather than pop punk. You may not agree with me since you're in a pop-punk band, but I don't think there is such a thing as a good singer from a pop-punk band!

And certianly don't go for Emo style screaming-then-whining-then-screaming. Although I'm guessing you won't anyway.

You could always do backing vocals if you can't pull it off though!

1st song yeh was really good catchy.

2nd song yet again really good with that quite gtr bit for the verse idea, atmospheric and i even started making up lyrics as i was hearing it. Maybe a bit too long at the end an repetitive but i'm sure wen u get the vocals done it will sound awesome aslong as it's not all screamin'.

3rd song like the intro alot. Gd drums. Yeh not so gd performance i.e. out of time. But i like the way it goes back to the intro riff idea. I'd re-record it if i was you guys not a gd representation of what you can do!

Overall you have some really good song ideas and i like your sound. If you want a gig in the malt mill give me a PM sometime. Also i wouldn't mind catching you guys live...so let me know.

Peace,

Danny.