aberdeen-music

Godzilla Blues

Monster Zero

Got hold of Ableton last week, been dicking about trying to create something with it. Came up with this. Was aiming for grubby sounding music for a grubby 80's sci-fi/horror film. Opinions welcome...

http://godzillablues.bandcamp.com/track/max-404

first quick listen this morning and my initial impression is that it's pretty good for a first go at creating on ableton!  i'd roll back the kick as it's distorting and i found that distracting and there's some distortion later on in the track.  great vibe though and it totally sounds like grubby 80's sci-fi/horror. 

• Upvote 1

first quick listen this morning and my initial impression is that it's pretty good for a first go at creating on ableton!  i'd roll back the kick as it's distorting and i found that distracting and there's some distortion later on in the track.  great vibe though and it totally sounds like grubby 80's sci-fi/horror. 

Yeah, I figured out how to get it onto my iPod later and found several issues with levels, it was all tweaked while listening on laptop...will need to do some adjusting...the file is pretty massive, do you have any quick tips to reduce the file size when exporting from Ableton? Slowly figuring out bits and pieces but not having used any similar software before it's taking a while...thanks for taking the time to listen....

Nae critiques??

Alright Captain Impatient: reminds me a little of Blade Runner and Aqueous Transmission by Incubus until the clav-sounding lead comes in (i do not like this progression, it just seems chucked in for the sake of it). Drums sound a little too electronic, might be worth experimenting with some of the filters and fx in Ableton to "dirty" them up a little. Otherwise I like the tempo and oriental/futuristic feel to it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...