aberdeen-music

Lookin' For A Laney/-Ish Head

maud 'dib

Got a thing for solid states myself, probably not what your after but i have a 100W Trace Elliott Super Tramp Guitar Combo for sale, much cheapness.... it is however.... VAALLLVESS. ( not the regular type though, the ones you get in a pack of liver from the supermarket....thats gross, im joking. ) . Let me know if your interested  ;)

• Upvote 1

Do you want a solid state head that sounds like tubes or do you like the SS tone? I personally would love an AMT Stonehead. 4 channel 50W and sounds more like a tube amp than any other SS heads.

I've got an AMT SS30/TC-3 and P1 already and their pre amps are incredible. Not played the Stonehead but the demos I have seen and soundclips suggest to me it is no different.

I'd second a Marshall 8100 though. Very cheap and they sound great.

Edited by keeno
  • Upvote 1

Got a thing for solid states myself, probably not what your after but i have a 100W Trace Elliott Super Tramp Guitar Combo for sale, much cheapness.... it is however.... VAALLLVESS. ( not the regular type though, the ones you get in a pack of liver from the supermarket....thats gross, im joking. ) . Let me know if your interested  ;)

That must be so loud.

You could perhaps look around for a Marshall Mosfet head. For being solid state, they do sound quite nice.

I had one of them years ago- Mosfet Lead thing. I really liked it. I'm watching a few on e-bay. But GAK have a Laney head with 4x12 cab on some deal for around 400 buck. dunno. I got this Laney Linebacker thing of e-bay a while ago and just love it.

Edited by maud 'dib