aberdeen-music

A Beery Sunday In Leith: The Atomic Dogs

jon

Hi folks,

When I'm not pulling my hair out mixing the new Curators record, I sometimes have time to muck about with mates and make a racket. As a result, a few of us veterans of 90sDundee school bands got together a few weekends ago with the intent of recording some no-frills, fun rock and roll music without any pretensions, expectations or indeed rehearsals as an exercise in nostalgia as much as anything else.

In the end, we spent 4 hours in a tiny wee studio in Leith, drank a lot of beer, had a blast and recorded three rough demos, the first of which I gingerly present below.

Were we ever to actually gig, it would be rather good fun, but equally underprepared!

• Upvote 1

Leith is a great place, but also one of contrast with a bit of a gulf between the affluent and the poverty-stricken, although both usually live on the same street. It's very different to Edinburgh in as much as it has its own community and identity. I've lived here since 2003 and I love it. Also, great boozers. I must say though, I'd never describe it as "gap yearish"! This is not Camden ;-)

Edited by jon

Leith is a great place, but also one of contrast with a bit of a gulf between the affluent and the poverty-stricken, although both usually live on the same street. It's very different to Edinburgh in as much as it has its own community and identity. I've lived here since 2003 and I love it. Also, great boozers. I must say though, I'd never describe it as "gap yearish"! This is not Camden ;-)

TBH that assumption is based purely on the fact that I've heard it described as an "up-and-coming" area. Plus The Kitchin is there, too. Looks like a gorgeous wee place and I have next to no experience of being there aside from driving through. Have only heard a few pretentious buzzwords attributed to the place and am consequently being a judgemental shitebag. The wife used to live there and says much the same as you, tbf.

xx