aberdeen-music

Bass Amps

Inkster

I've been looking for a while at bass amps because I'm considering buying one as I only have a 15w just now and need something more substantial as I'm just bein drowned out by my fellow band mates. I've always wanted a head and cab rather than a combo but would consider it.

Any suggestions would be greatful :up:

i had a laney rbg400 combo for ages (which is actually for sale 165watts pm me) which did me fine was good in band practices and is suprisgingly nice toned for a laney in my opinion. a month or so ago though because i was working full time and knew i was goingto college and would never have a decent amount of cash together again so i bought a behringer 300bxt head anda laney 410 cab but am now discovering the downside of head+cabs...they arent overly transportable

Unless you've got a van or big car' date=' I'd go with a combo. I used to use a mahooosive Fender stack, but it is simply too big. My main stage rig is now a Trace Elliot 1x15 valve combo. And for the most part, your bass amp is just a stage monitor at gigs.....[/quote']

Do you still have the fender?

mine fits in a car in the back seats because its just a head and a cab (second cab being added when cash becomes avilable..so in about 3 years time when im done being a student lol) but for rehersals and all that jazz id just say a combo is what ya need. not that ive gigged yet but i have a few more projects in the line for my move to aberdeen so hopefully it wont be too long!