aberdeen-music

Member Robert Knight Stars In The Wedding Singer At The Arts Centre

Graham Knight

Tonight I went to see "The Wedding Singer" at Aberdeen Arts Centre.  This song and dance musical was amazingly good.

It was staged by the amateur dramatic group "Treading The Boards" and was quite a production. with over 30 people on stage playing to a packed and enthusiastic audience. I was surprised to see a full 9 piece band - more musicians at this show than you sometimes see in profession musical productions at the theatre.

This song and dance musical is set in the eighties, long before all the cast were born.  The music fairly zips alongand the choreography under the direction of Victoria Cowan was well up to professional standard.

Aberdeen Music member Robert Knight (no relation - thank goodness!) played a number of parts including a very good "President Reagan".  All his years of doing the Timewarp at parties have obviously paid off as Robert was no slouch in the fast paced dance numbers.

I recommend members to go see this show if they can get a ticket to the remaining performances on Friday or Saturday/

• Upvote 3