aberdeen-music

The Tuff Wax Thread

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Thought I'd put up a thread to update with Tuff Wax chat & news since I could post a site news item about every 2 days, but that would most likely piss everyone off. I'll post on this instead and put news, dates & so forth relating to the label.

If you never checked us out, visit our bandcamp page and take a look at the discography. There are 8 releases available so far, 6 of which are vinyl and/or digital and 2 of which are digital only (not to mention free!)

We focus mostly on local electronic music but have done rock 7"s in the past and don't strictly have a policy with regards to what we'll release. We currently have 2 releases in the works - the first is a digital remix package of the Bones & Money 7" we put out last year featuring artists from Chicago, Atlanta, Adelaide, Brooklyn and Aberdeen

3977097202-1.jpg

After that we'll be pushing our first ever 12" from New Jersey's Jaw Jam. The record features 3 tracks on the A side and a laser etched design by local studio TRY Industries on the B side, with hand screened artwork on recycled card sleeves. We got the test pressings for this last night and they sound huge already! 

66140_10151416453397278_1325968491_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Less of the cross-posting please. This is starting to get tiresome and if it continues I'm just going to start removing some of these posts.

I didn't realise that was against the rules. What should I do? it's worth mentioning in this thread...should I just talk about it? 

I didn't realise that was against the rules. What should I do? it's worth mentioning in this thread...should I just talk about it? 

It's fine this time, just don't make a habit of it. :)

Just concerned the News & Announcements forum is slowly turning into the Lockah forum.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

It's fine this time, just don't make a habit of it. :)

Just concerned the News & Announcements forum is slowly turning into the Lockah forum.

Yeah I'm sorry, I just get a lot of news. I'll keep it in this thread from now on. :D

Guest Giles Walker

Less of the cross-posting please. This is starting to get tiresome and if it continues I'm just going to start removing some of these posts.

I'm sure it is not meant to, but this comes across a bit douchey.

Mainly the wording in 

"This is starting to get tiresome"

Which sounds like the posts about his continued success are becoming tiresome as much as the fact the post is in two places on the forum.

also here 

"if it continues I'm just going to start removing some of these posts"

Even the bluntness of 

"Less of the cross-posting please"

Why start with the word 'Less' like it is some solemn warning/order?

I've received warnings about stuff by private message before, so there must be some reason you did this publicly.

Maybe i'm just mistaken though, and you guys just love to play by the rules/paint inside the lines. 

I'm sure it is not meant to, but this comes across a bit douchey.

Mainly the wording in

"This is starting to get tiresome"

Which sounds like the posts about his continued success are becoming tiresome as much as the fact the post is in two places on the forum.

also here

"if it continues I'm just going to start removing some of these posts"

Even the bluntness of

"Less of the cross-posting please"

Why start with the word 'Less' like it is some solemn warning/order?

I've received warnings about stuff by private message before, so there must be some reason you did this publicly.

Maybe i'm just mistaken though, and you guys just love to play by the rules/paint inside the lines.

Umm...I think you might be reading just a bit too much into that post. The reason I posted it publicly rather than via a PM was just to serve as a warning to everyone else as well (cross-posting is bad, m'kay?). I can only apologise if my post came across as "douchey" to you (or indeed Tom for that matter) - it was certainly not my intent.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tam o' Shantie

FACT Magazine have just published their first ever Tuff Wax feature - a premiere of my remix for Bones & Money's 'Black Diamond Remixes' Digi EP.

You can cop the EP on March 11th from Juno Download or our Bandcamp page.

http://www.factmag.com/2013/02/27/scottish-beatmaker-lockah-polishes-a-black-diamond-on-bones-money-remix/

Guest Tam o' Shantie

If anyone is lucky enough to be hitting SXSW or knows someone else who is, tell 'em to check out our USA fam on the following dates

Chrissy Murderbot - Wednesday, March 13th @ Speakeasy Cabaret

Rewrote - Thursday, March 14th @ Buffalo Billiards

Jaw Jam - Friday, March 15th @ Barcelona Bar

Guest Tam o' Shantie

So, our newest release is out today! I posted about it on the news board so I won't cross post here at the risk of offending. However, in support of the release we had another couple of features.

First up, Billboard USA featured the Chrissy Murderbot remix of 'Black Diamond' in their weekly roundup:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/code/1551178/coder-crews-picks-of-the-week-little-freaky-things-iggy-azealia-and

meanwhile, the fellas behind the original track contributed a mix & interview to rising blog Liminal Sounds

http://www.liminalsounds.com/blog/liminal-sounds-vol-26-bones-money/